Manchester Conceal license

So, interesting thing, I drop off my application for CCW on the 12th at the Police department. (I know I should have sent registered mail.) Lady at counter states that it takes at least 2 weeks to process and check back then. I correct her and state it must be issued or denied within 14 days per NH law, and she gives me a deer in the headlights look. I ask for a reciept or whatever to show it was dropped off, and she states that they can't do that, but the recorded line should be sufficient to show when I dropped it off/filed.

I call in today to check on status, am sent to the records officer who states states again " it is a minimum 2 weeks to process, so check back on the 28th". He was a bit brusque and rude, but whatever. I inform him it is a shall issue or deny in 14 days maximum. He states I dropped it off on the 14th (in my head I assumed the 14th=12th). I stated that it was now ten days so I was checking on this. He pretty much brushed me off and told me to check back on the 14th day.

Now, should I be concerned? obviously I can't do anything until the 14 days are up, but it seems they are stretching this and giving misinformation. in addition, as I filed and it was recieved by them on the 12th shouldn't the 14 day count start from them regardless if it was a saturday?

They are way behind do to the massive influx of permit requests,it was on the news WMUR and they stated they are trying get extra help.

Then they should just allow CCW without a permit from day 14 to when the permit is issued. Jack.

They should just allow CCW without a permit. FIFY.

- - - Updated - - -

Reached same guy today, was politer than I have ever seen anyone be for some reason.. and he said it is ready!

Congrats. I'm assuming your also new to NH? If so, don't walk, run to the nearest gun store and buy a gun (or get one online and have it shipped to an FFL near you, e.g. Outpost, Riley's, etc.)

Bitching about getting a CCW permit in two weeks.

#NewHampshireProblems

2 days was too long for me, lol

Glad I could buy a gun with just a temp license before getting the permit.

OP don't worry, it's like 10-14 weeks for one of my coworkers...and that was after he had to wait like 2 months to get an interview.... In mass inc.

Congrats. I'm assuming your also new to NH? If so, don't walk, run to the nearest gun store and buy a gun (or get one online and have it shipped to an FFL near you, e.g. Outpost, Riley's, etc.)

Grew up in Derry, only lived in Mass in college. Wife just didn't want a gun in the house til recently. She still doesn't, but she approved of it.
Not to mention, kinda broke , and the prices aren't helping....

My wife dropped hers off last week at Milford NH Pd,They called the next day to come pick it up.Less than 24 hours.[smile]

Last edited:
I dropped mine off in may... I'm picking it up Monday due to the CoP thinking he was a mass officer. Had to get an ATTY consider yourself lucky.

Its a shall issue state, no need to stress about things and get all rude with the clerk at the desk. Telling them what the turn around time is doesn't help your cause.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
My CCW was actually up in the end of Oct, I spaced it and dropped it off the week before Newtown in Manchester. I gave it the 2 weeks, called, it was sitting there ready. So my week up was 1 week after the Newtown incident, the woman at "that" time, mid Dec, told me they were SWAMPED with new permits requests, so held up a stack, must have been near an inch thick, and said "these aren't renewals, these are all new permits" I am guessing they have not slowed down a bunch.

I do know the process, compared to before I moved out of Mass in 2002 was just so much easier.

Back
Top Bottom