• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man Stops Carjacking With Hot Coffee

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Man Stops Carjacking With Hot Coffee

2 hours, 46 minutes ago

BLUFFTON, S.C. - A would-be carjacker got quite a jolt when he picked the wrong car to try to steal, Jasper County deputies say. The suspect tapped the window of the car Wednesday morning with a gun and motioned the driver to get out, Chief Deputy Roy Hughes said.

The driver of the car had just bought a cup of hot coffee. So he slammed his door into the carjacker's legs, threw the coffee on him possibly burning the suspect's neck and face, and wrestled him to the ground, Hughes said.

A shot was fired during the scuffle, but no one was hurt. The driver managed to get the gun from the suspect and point it at him, Hughes said.

The suspect ran into the wood behind the store, the chief deputy said.

Deputies are looking for the would-be carjacker along with two people believed to be with him who drove off while the fight was going on, Hughes said.

___

Information from: Savannah Morning News, http://www.savannahnow.com/

Anyone want to bet on whether this guy gets sued by the carjacker? (See, Darius - I AM learning!)

Wonder what caliber coffee that was? And if he had a License to Carry Concealed Coffee? [lol]

Yeah I was just going to ask how long you think until they start putting regulations on coffee- let us not forget the lady that got burned by McDonald's coffee. We now have 2 documented cases of the danger of hot coffee.

Iced Coffee for everyone without permits!!!!!

SiameseRat said:
Yeah I was just going to ask how long you think until they start putting regulations on coffee- let us not forget the lady that got burned by McDonald's coffee. We now have 2 documented cases of the danger of hot coffee.

Iced Coffee for everyone without permits!!!!!
There was another recent case of Plantif v. mcdonald's coffee...

GOOD FOR HIM!!!! I'd definately start a fund to send this guy money if he does get sued so he can buy the best lawyer possible. I always love hearing about people fighting back. But this guy had to have some MAJOR cajones to go against a guy with a gun, hell I'd buy him a few rounds.

It would be cool to find out who the victim was and have everyone mail him 2 bux to replace his coffee.
I doubt very much that he'll be sued.

Walter Smitty said:
I don't know, with some of the wrecks I've driven over the years the coffee would be hard to part with.

1074.gif

Back
Top Bottom