• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man points firearm at driver during Littleton road rage incident, police say

LITTLETON, Mass. — Littleton police said they arrested a man who allegedly pointed a gun at another driver during a road rage incident Monday.

The victim called police around noon and reported another driver, who was later identified as Colin Sperandio, 44, of Acton, had threatened him with a firearm after the alleged altercation while driving their vehicles.

The victim reported that he was traveling eastbound on Great Road when Sperandio allegedly passed him in the oncoming lane.

According to the victim, when he beeped his horn, Sperandio slammed on his breaks and pointed the firearm at him before fleeing.

Littleton police were able to locate Sperandio a short time later and he was taken into custody. Police said they were also able to locate the alleged firearm.

Sperandio was arraigned in court Monday on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon, unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm without an FID card and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

He was released on personal recognizance on conditions that he wouldn’t carry a firearm or ammunition, and that he has no avoidable contact with the victim.

Sperandio is due back in court in September.

You know, people just are crazy. Not just now. Overall.

Years ago - 25??, some moron tried to pull out in front of a buddy of mine. Like tried to just pull out without looking. We both look at guy like he's a moron. Now the chase is on. He follows us, drives aggressively, etc., Must have went on for about 2-3 min as my buddy carefully drove to the local PD. We get within eye-shot and d-bag takes off.

You wanted to pull out. You almost hit someone. You get mad at THEM for pointing out your stupidity. Now you've got to attack them or scare them or something?????

A few years later I was coasting behind this guy on 24S going above teh speed limit but below what was normal. Left lane. He must have zoned out. He snaps to, sees me in the rear-view and LOSES HIS MIND. Like I someone magically appeared. Doing this fist-punching-into-palm thing so I could see. Yelling his head off. At least he moved over. But WTF??? Are you that insecure that you need to get all up in people's stuff????

This guy needs a good jail lesson. MAYBE he should be a PP - only after a determination of his mental abilities and weaknesses.

I read it. Wonder where they found the gun? Why did he pass somebody with an oncoming car coming?

Not that he sounds like a genius, but I wonder if he passed in a passing zone, there was a mutual exchange of tailgaiting and brakechecking, and his 2A bumper sticker earned him a "he waved a gun!" police call.

"Passing in the oncoming lane" sounds like scary media weasel words until you think about that being y'know... where you're supposed to pass someone when there's a passing zone /broken line on two-lane road.

Maybe he's just an ass hat and waved a gun around but I smell fish. Bet you dollars to donuts there was honking and tailgating from behind before his brake check and alleged further rage. Takes two to tango.

Not that he sounds like a genius, but I wonder if he passed in a passing zone, there was a mutual exchange of tailgaiting and brakechecking, and his 2A bumper sticker earned him a "he waved a gun!" police call.

"Passing in the oncoming lane" sounds like scary media weasel words until you think about that being y'know... where you're supposed to pass someone when there's a passing zone /broken line on two-lane road.

Maybe he's just an ass hat and waved a gun around but I smell fish. Bet you dollars to donuts there was honking and tailgating from behind before his brake check and alleged further rage. Takes two to tango.

I doubt he would want to bring any attention to himself and his gun by having a 2A sticker when he doesn't have an LTC, everything else you said seems plausible to me.

I doubt he would want to bring any attention to himself and his gun by having a 2A sticker when he doesn't have an LTC, everything else you said seems plausible to me.
True, but there are some dumb folks out there... I know of a few federally prohibited morons who have stickers on their trucks and talk a lot of smack about their guns which, if they do exist, are probably not smart to talk about.

I am thinking a better thread title would be two idiots meet on Great Rd in Littleton.

I meant that when you said you just left Littleton and didn't see anything, this happened on Monday.
Yes I saw it. I also heard last night about Tom Brady calling himself Sleepy Tom in front of Biden that was also yesterday yet this morning it was gone according to my wife. Problem was it was gone from the same damn local news channel.

When I'm carrying there is no screwing around unless you call speeding screwing around.

Poorly written article. Used, "Breaks," when "Brakes" was intended.

Also, what's an "Alleged firearm"? Are they not sure?

/Grammar Nazi.
Alleged firearm is correct. Until they have sent it to an accredited lab that test fires the gun, it is just alleged to be a gun. If it fails to fire, it is not a gun under MGL.

Alleged firearm is correct. Until they have sent it to an accredited lab that test fires the gun, it is just alleged to be a gun. If it fails to fire, it is not a gun under MGL.

I know of at least one NES'er who had an "alleged machine gun" and the MSP lab said it was, in fact, not.

Somehow it became a regular "machine gun" in court [thinking]

The United States is so much better than Massachusetts.

If you look around the Intarwebs, he may actually best be described as "Florida Man".

Sperandio was arraigned in court Monday on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon, unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm without an FID card and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
If it's illegal in Littleton to possess a handgun without an FID,
I know a lot of people goin' to jail...

Back
Top Bottom