• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Make America Free Again (Unless it rains) AR15 shoot 5/12/18

Invitation to all willing to come for a solidarity shoot down in Rochester MA at a private outdoor range. The event will be held Saturday May 12. Further details to come. If you’re willing to come please comment and help spread the word. The event is now searchable on Facebook by looking up “make America free again 2018”

Update. I have posted a photo of the even page since so many people want to doubt me because I’m a new member and said details to come. I’ll be there if you’d like to meet me. Last time I checked I wasn’t a tyrannical lesbian. I’m also having shirts made for the event and selling them for cost. Any fund left over will be donated to GOAL. The design for the shirt is posted below. I have a go fund me up to raise the funding for the shirts based on 200 people coming. Click here to support Make America Free Again shirts organized by Derek John Hubbell

I am interested in going.

So, reading the description in the attachment to the first post, it appear that the intent to have media coverage of groups of 8 to 10 people doing simultaneous mag dumps. Considering how this could be presented, what is the optic that the organizer is striving for?

I can see benefit to getting coverage of an informal shoot with a few hundred people shooting MSRs. That being said, multiple lines of mag dumps strike me as needlessly inflaming the rubes.

So, reading the description in the attachment to the first post, it appear that the intent to have media coverage of groups of 8 to 10 people doing simultaneous mag dumps. Considering how this could be presented, what is the optic that the organizer is striving for?

I can see benefit to getting coverage of an informal shoot with a few hundred people shooting MSRs. That being said, multiple lines of mag dumps strike me as needlessly inflaming the rubes.
He isn't referring to "mag dumps." He is referring to people, in an orderly fashion, firing one magazine per trip to the firing line in order to keep things moving.

Anybody who is on Facebook can find out more info by searching for "Make America Free Again 2018" in your Facebook search bar. This event should be the first event listed in the search results.

I think it’s a great idea without the news.

News crews are definitely going to demonize pre bans mags. I don’t expect any honesty from the local news and they WILL interview those dumb enough to be interviewed. Those interviews will be aired and Linsky & Co. will have video to push their shit.

I think it’s a great idea without the news.

News crews are definitely going to demonize pre bans mags. I don’t expect any honesty from the local news and they WILL interview those dumb enough to be interviewed. Those interviews will be aired and Linsky & Co. will have video to push their shit.
10 round magazines are being strongly encouraged. Those who don't have them will be set up at the far end of the range area, "out of sight, out of mind."

10 round magazines are being strongly encouraged. Those who don't have them will be set up at the far end of the range area, "out of sight, out of mind."

Please stop it! Are you really going to segregate those with a pre-ban mag from the media (if the media even shows up)? If so, so much for calling it, Make America Free Again. [laugh]

He isn't referring to "mag dumps." He is referring to people, in an orderly fashion, firing one magazine per trip to the firing line in order to keep things moving.
Then I would expect it to read something along the lines of:
"There will be 8 to 10 shooters on the line at any one time. Each shooter is allowed to to fire 1 magazine of ammunition per trip"​
and not:
"Groups of 8 to 10 shooters will advance, empty a magazine, and exit the firing area."​

Man, I can't believe the trepidation expressed by some of the people in this thread. It's just an invite to shoot a rifle on someone's private property. Has the AG's disdain wrt to guns really have some of you scared? If so, it's unbelievable, and frankly, disheartening.
Or, more likely, there's a large number of people who aren't too sanguine about signing up for something until they are sure it isn't going to be a PR bonanza for the other side. Who wants to be the next one in the pillory for the "moron who spoke to channel 5" treatment?

Asked a.coworker today if he knew of.any private ranges. First and only one mentioned was this one owned by Brad. Said only good things about the owner too.

Im saving my ammo for the apocalypse, so ill sit this one out. Maybe ill shoot the Nikon instead.

Or, more likely, there's a large number of people who aren't too sanguine about signing up for something until they are sure it isn't going to be a PR bonanza for the other side. Who wants to be the next one in the pillory for the "moron who spoke to channel 5" treatment?

1) Make it easy - don't talk to the police can be translated to, don't talk to the media.
2) It's on private property, so the media can be asked/told to leave!
3) It's no different than going to a club range.

This thread makes me sick.

With the NES NH event canceled, ill come if legal gull auto is allowed.
If its a semi only "make America free again event" the OP and the host are tyrannical lesbians.

Pm sent

Last edited:
Years ago we had the Colt Cup match in Connecticut, before the intolerable acts were passed, and then they were stopped. Was a lot of fun all ARs shooting the National Match course.
This sounds like fun!

Also not to rain on the parade and it definitely wouldnt stop this event from happening.. look up the MA legal definition "shooting gallery" and associated law concerning private/public ranges.

I know, i know....."who cares"
If i was the owner I'd be very careful as to how it is presented publicly.
I have my own place to shoot, its not a "range"

I was just reciewing all kinds of laws, ist easier and usually more accurate to just assume everything is illegal in MA.. first accept everything is illegal, then find the workaround.

If it were my property, I would be concerned with liability; otherwise, nothing in state law prevents it. I assume that the property owner in question would know if there were any city/town restrictions.

Private property can be used as a target range under MGL C.269, 12E. This chapter also mentions a shooting gallery definition that is found under MGL C.149, s.56A

Section 12E

A shooting gallery is defined as a public resort and requires a license to operate.

Section 56A

Obviously you can sue anyone... aslong as there are no children (under 18) and there is no fee for the event there is little liability...without a properly worded signed release of liability, participants are open to liability/lawsuits by other participants.

I was having one drawn up that protects everyone legally on the property from suit from anyone else..(obviously it leaves me open to sue anyone)

After going over the whole thing with my attorney.. i just decided the best option is to just not allow anyone to use your property. The only remaining liability is apparently you dont have to watch after your kids and they (their parents) can sue you regardless of what or how a loss occurred.

"Stand in solidarity" "make america free again"
Sound like a fake grassroots anti event.

You can bring these guns and these mags, but not those guns and those mags.

The whole "its not my place, i don't make the rules" is pretty weak..

This thing has bad PR all over it even if it goes as planned...
To try and make some statement about gun rights with this event is a joke.
I wouldn't have a negative thing to say if it was "hey guys we're having a shoot"
But the "hype from the OP" is over the top. "Expect the media over 100+ committed or extremely interested"

"I have the biggest(hands) or just like the biggest only smaller.", MGnoob

"Stand in solidarity" "make america free again"
Sound like a fake grassroots anti event.

You can bring these guns and these mags, but not those guns and those mags.

The whole "its not my place, i don't make the rules" is pretty weak..

This thing has bad PR all over it even if it goes as planned...
To try and make some statement about gun rights with this event is a joke.
I wouldn't have a negative thing to say if it was "hey guys we're having a shoot"
But the "hype from the OP" is over the top. "Expect the media over 100+ committed or extremely interested"

"I have the biggest(hands) or just like the biggest only smaller.", MGnoob
If it's not something you want to participate in, that's your prerogative. There is no reason for you to be a jackhole to people who may choose differently.

I personally know these guys they are not pulling anybody's chain if they say their going to put on a shoot you can bet your bottom dollar it's gonna happen.

How is it wrong of me to point out the hypocrisy of saying things like "make America free again", "stand in solidarity" while your making exclusions?

The whole fake patriotism with the attitude of standing in defiance of a semi auto ban, in front of what you hope to be a media opportunity, is pathetic at best.

I dont doubt their "doing the shoot"...i just dont like them wraping themself in the Constitution while conceding that "some guns" (accessories,LOL!) are unwelcome.

Ill tell you what. You guys do your thing and anyone with an MA green card can come to my place...
We have 1 billion people committed or very excited.

i can tell in 10 years There will be a 2028 "make america free again" event, that excludes all semiautomatic rifles/pistol/shotguns, so they can stand in solidarity to say they are keeping their revolvers/pump,bolt action firearms.

Do us all a favor and dont speak to the media.

Strangely enough I am at a loss for words in this thread.

Early this year some dude who claims to be what his chosen screen name is solicites for property to conduct 2A drills for "All lawful purposes."

After the virtually mandatory new poster NES gang rape said survivor posts his intentions and offers an invitation to a private yet entirely legal exercise of rights that has since been vouched for by some fairly seasoned posters.

Not only does the thread attract the "Too rich for my blood" weekend warriors that both this site and MA is rife with but now the event is being labeled as not going far enough? Of course the risk/reward level is a personal one but to be sowing the seeds of doubt among your peers does our cause no justice at all.

This thread is a perfect example of how we "Eat our own." Think about that while enjoying this fine weekend.

How is it wrong of me to point out the hypocrisy of saying things like "make America free again", "stand in solidarity" while your making exclusions?

The whole fake patriotism with the attitude of standing in defiance of a semi auto ban, in front of what you hope to be a media opportunity, is pathetic at best.

I dont doubt their "doing the shoot"...i just dont like them wraping themself in the Constitution while conceding that "some guns" (accessories,LOL!) are unwelcome.

Ill tell you what. You guys do your thing and anyone with an MA green card can come to my place...
We have 1 billion people committed or very excited.

i can tell in 10 years There will be a 2028 "make america free again" event, that excludes all semiautomatic rifles/pistol/shotguns, so they can stand in solidarity to say they are keeping their revolvers/pump,bolt action firearms.

Do us all a favor and dont speak to the media.

They'll only allow muzzleloaders at that point.... In the true spirit of being "minutemen". That said - it's private property. So they can run it however they want. MAybe they want 10 round mags so they can keep the line moving - and not intended as endorsing a limitation of rights... Although segregating the standard capacity mag guys to the end of the line is contrary to that. So... Does one have to stand at the end of the line if one is black too?

Back
Top Bottom