Maine WMD 23 Moose results

GM-GUY

NES Member
[crying]

NOTHING - Hunted a week straight with my father-in-law and saw ZERO-ZIP-NADA-BUTTKISS-NOTHING-NO MOOSE

We hunted at least 10 hours per day, walked at least 15 miles, and used 25 gallons of gas (guides truck).

We did see appx 100 turkeys, 5 deer ( 4 does and one nice buck (16-18" spread) //Too dark to see more and the house 50 feet from where he was standing prevented a more 'detailed' inspection. Also some grouse, partridge, and a Red Tailed Hawk feasting on gut pile (deer). I did see a SEVEN INCH WIDE moose track less than 12 hours old (rain estimate), this area huge scrapes 7 1/2 feet+ high in the trees - private land guys so don't be looking for it on a WMA.

I booked a guide (Mountain Valley Guide Service) and they did their best but everyone up there (locals including a landowner) had their moose all scoped out pre-season and POOF - they disappeared. From what we where told all save one we shot on the road in the Frye Mountain area, the one was in the powerlines and someone happened to be in the right place on that one too.

Happens that way sometimes [crying] I don't think I'm going to go back even though the season is all month. After hunting with a guide all week and seeing nothing, spending 10 hours driving (5up-5back) and no guide or landowner permission (didn't scout myself as I booked a guide [rolleyes] ) getting one now would be a miracle.

So when you look at the Maine results for WMD 23 and see less than 100% success (it will be alot less) you'll know who one of the blanks was.....

Attachments

• GooseEggHope0647w.jpg
    GooseEggHope0647w.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom