• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magpul Mbus

btnh6668

NES Member
So after watching a few vids i noticed that i apparently have mine on backwards. Using logic i assumed having the button to flip them up towards the shooter made more sense. Videos on youtube prove me wrong. I don't think it really matters once you dial it in but does anyone else have their sites installed like this? 20220402_154014.jpg

It doesn't really matter and/but your logic is sound with the push button type Magpul front sight. The rear Magpul should be mounted with the button facing forward.
The way yours is mounted in the pic is going to give some sky reflection on the tapered surfaces whereas there would be vertical surfaces if it were turned around and less reflection from above.

I have flip up front sights that must be lifted so having them fold down to the rear so that a thumb can be used to lift them is my best option. It also places the release buttons of the front and rears on the same (left) side.

Great picture!!!

What rifle is this? If it’s an AR, get it off the hand guard too and put it on the gas block/replace the gas block with a flip up. You want the front sight to move with the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom