Magpul RLS 2 point sling

headednorth

NES Member
Anyone have experience with one? Im looking for a simple 2 point sling for an AR. Something that I can hang around my neck, pass behind left shoulder and left arm through. (patrol method/style? not sure thats the right term or even a term at all). I had something once that an instructor called "more of a carry strap". Seemed too short and I felt constricted trying to maneuver the rifle, got in the way of mag changes, etc. Think it wouldve been ok if it had like another foot or so of slack. GI web slings seem to be the same, too short for my intended use.

Anyway, this RLS looks basic and affordable. Just want to make sure its usable beyond slinging a rifle over the shoulder and marching around with it. Want to be able to have it hanging during a class but still have enough slack that I can shoulder it, perform change mags, etc, without feeling like Im in a straight jacket. 6' ~190 fwiw. Tallish and lanky if it matters.

Yup MS1 are my fav...picked up 3 of them when you could find them for like $15.

I always ended up converting my MS3 slings into pseudo MS1 slings anyways, so when the MS1 came out (for $15!), it was a no brainer.

Last edited:
Yikes. Ordered a few yesterday for $29/pc. However most places, if they were in stock, were over $30. Amazon had them at $42.

Went back and looked on my Amazon/Ebay...I bought 1 off Amazon for $31 and 2 off of Ebay for $15 each - double checked them to make sure they weren't PTS China knockoffs...they were GTG...just got lucky finding a seller looking to offload a bunch of tan ones.

Went back and looked on my Amazon/Ebay...I bought 1 off Amazon for $31 and 2 off of Ebay for $15 each - double checked them to make sure they weren't PTS China knockoffs...they were GTG...just got lucky finding a seller looking to offload a bunch of tan ones.
Saw some reviews on Amazon where people were shipped slings with missing hardware or hardware with no Magpul logos. Lots of shady Chinese stuff going on on Amazon. Was kind of surprised when I saw it listed at $42 there considering theyre so goo at meeting or undercutting the competition

Saw some reviews on Amazon where people were shipped slings with missing hardware or hardware with no Magpul logos. Lots of shady Chinese stuff going on on Amazon. Was kind of surprised when I saw it listed at $42 there considering theyre so goo at meeting or undercutting the competition

From my experience and looking at other credible vendors online, some versions of the MS1 isn't shipped with attachment hardware. I may be wrong though.

All 3 of mine came without hardware but they were advertised as just the sling.

From my experience and looking at other credible vendors online, some versions of the MS1 isn't shipped with attachment hardware. I may be wrong though.

All 3 of mine came without hardware but they were advertised as just the sling.
I may have misunderstood the poster. My understanding is the MS1 doenst come with attachment hardware (QD's, etc). I might have assumed the sling the guy got had no slide tensioner or hardware of any kind, just the sling.

Youre right I saw a vendor that bundled the sling with QD's

Magpul has the MS1 and padded MS1 in stock if you buy directly from them.

I ended up buy my MOE Carbine stock, MS4 sling, QD M-LOK mount and another QD mount all directly from Magpul because they had them in stock.

That's the gamble these days with Amazon. They seem to love targeting gun people too. Lights, slings, red dots, furniture....lots of counterfeit products. Always see check if there's a storefront or seller listed (ie. someone using Amazon's distribution channels). Sometimes you can spot a shady seller. Other times you might by able to confirm a purchase from the legit company using Amazon's distribution. That's the preferable method. Not sure if Magpul is on there though.

Back
Top Bottom