MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

Working for for the place that shall not be named but is headquartered in somerville , I can tell you that the two big Hospitals MGH and BWH the surge has not been as bad as anticipated, the massive field hospital they set up at convention center only has 100 or so patients in it now

ive been doing tons of side work. Reality is a lot of these self employed hack carpenters are going to take the extra 600 on unemployment and sit on their ass this summer. Ill be glad to take their work at double the price
because most tradesmen will be hard to find.
No, a lot of them will be working off the books and double dipping, collecting too. Who are you kidding? Nothing new.

New dashboard report for Mass.

Average age of death: 82 years old

Percentage of overall deaths that were long term care patients: 55%

Percentage of deaths (eliminating cases where conditions are unknown) with pre-existing conditions: 97.8%

True. But I'd rather not get wicked-sick either. So there's that.

overall
total deaths 47,349
us population 330,000,000
chance of average citizen dying .0143%. one one hundredth of one percent.

That's not how that math works. Maybe .0143 every 2 months. . . so far. . . based on a 2 month sample set. You can do that math when it's all over. Not yet.

There is a gas station I'll stop at as I go to the lake. Strangely enough, except for a few minor rises, the entire trip is downhill. With 2 stops-and-restarts. My MPG will be something like 38-40 when I arrive at the cabin. That, by no means, is the true gas mileage of my truck.

Working for for the place that shall not be named but is headquartered in somerville , I can tell you that the two big Hospitals MGH and BWH the surge has not been as bad as anticipated, the massive field hospital they set up at convention center only has 100 or so patients in it now
Because NYC needed all those unused ventilators, a massive hospital ship and the 2500 beds in the Javits Center. This has all barely been a wet fart.

The not so funny thing is that my Wife was forced to retire from that org at the end of January because an upper level manager (new to the org) doesn't trust people to work from home. Commuting from NH was a non-starter so my Wife took retirement (after 20+ yrs in that job), We've since learned that they closed the building a month ago and everyone is working from home. Her group is an admin group for medical research studies, has no patient contact and does all their work from a company laptop computer. We certainly could have used the continuous income. Oh well!

The not so funny thing is that my Wife was forced to retire from that org at the end of January because an upper level manager (new to the org) doesn't trust people to work from home. Commuting from NH was a non-starter so my Wife took retirement (after 20+ yrs in that job), We've since learned that they closed the building a month ago and everyone is working from home. Her group is an admin group for medical research studies, has no patient contact and does all their work from a company laptop computer. We certainly could have used the continuous income. Oh well!
you'd be surprised how many people i have been helping to get set up to work remote said the same thing management didnt trust them enough to work form home, hell i had one user who was required to have an activity log so when she wasn't on the system her boss wanted to know why

I wonder how many people have died of the Flu during the same two months.
I'm not sure it's meaningful to compare the just the last two months vs. peak flu season numbers since flu usually peaks mid-winter. But for comparison in 2017-2018 there were 61,000 "regular" flu deaths in US. So far, almost 48,000 Covid-19 deaths in basically just 2-3 months.
If folks practiced the same precautions in a regular flu season that they are now the first number would be waaaaaaay lower so it's sort of apples to oranges.

you'd be surprised how many people i have been helping to get set up to work remote said the same thing management didnt trust them enough to work form home, hell i had one user who was required to have an activity log so when she wasn't on the system her boss wanted to know why
When they built the building, more employees than cubicles. Her group was given the option of working from home 1, 2, or 3 days/week . . . my Wife was working from home 2 days/week ever since they moved there. Her managers got reports on work stats daily. When she was on short term disability after back surgery last year she logged on and did some work . . . her direct supervisor called or sent Email (I forgot which) and told her to stop working! So they know who is doing what. Her direct supervisor tried convincing the upper manager to allow her to work full-time from home but no dice (prior upper manager retired last December, she would have allowed it).

When they built the building, more employees than cubicles. Her group was given the option of working from home 1, 2, or 3 days/week . . . my Wife was working from home 2 days/week ever since they moved there. Her managers got reports on work stats daily. When she was on short term disability after back surgery last year she logged on and did some work . . . her direct supervisor called or sent Email (I forgot which) and told her to stop working! So they know who is doing what. Her direct supervisor tried convincing the upper manager to allow her to work full-time from home but no dice (prior upper manager retired last December, she would have allowed it).
it wouldn't have been Boylston st by any chance would it?

dennis, we can't wait till it's all over to do the math, because it is never going to end. There will always be covid from now on. It's a new virus we will have to deal with. The overall pct for regular people is so insignificant now, we must begin the steps to getting people back to work

it wouldn't have been Boylston st by any chance would it?
She was moved from Huntington Ave to Revolution Drive.

dennis, we can't wait till it's all over to do the math, because it is never going to end. There will always be covid from now on. It's a new virus we will have to deal with. The overall pct for regular people is so insignificant now, we must begin the steps to getting people back to work
I was speaking with someone who's SO is a managing nurse at one of the large Boston hospitals. His SO told him that what they are seeing is lung tissue literally shredding. This is nothing like a flu!!

The not so funny thing is that my Wife was forced to retire from that org at the end of January because an upper level manager (new to the org) doesn't trust people to work from home.

I am hoping that this attitude from management will be one of the serious casualties from this pandemic. After this is over, even the non-believers will be forced to recognize that work from home has worked just fine for many organizations. And if increased work from home takes just a few percent of drivers out of rush hour, then it will benefit everyone who really needs to get to the office as well.

At Faker Bakers media address today he actually said, and I quote, “we are going to be better off at the end of all this”. How the Fvck can he even think this way. Everyone will be worse off in one way or another. In some cases much worse off. But no one will be better off having gone through this. He’s f’ing crazy.
Yes if you interpret it as you did.

If he instead said, “We will have fewer deaths after taking these measures,” maybe you would understood his point.

Odd, isn’t it? People here complain about how gun owners are demonized and not treated fairly - then demonize everyone who disagrees. Use your f***ing brains.

I am hoping that this attitude from management will be one of the serious casualties from this pandemic. After this is over, even the non-believers will be forced to recognize that work from home has worked just fine for many organizations. And if increased work from home takes just a few percent of drivers out of rush hour, then it will benefit everyone who really needs to get to the office as well.
The only managers that hate WFH people are the insecure/micro managers that have no people and leadership skills.

If he instead said, “We will have fewer deaths after taking these measures,” maybe you would understood his point.

Odd, isn’t it? People here complain about how gun owners are demonized and not treated fairly - then demonize everyone who disagrees. Use your f***ing brains.

There is no need to demonize Facker, that assclown is a POS, pure and simple. He does the work himself.

Whatever he is saying is NOT for the benefit of MA peasants. It's all politics and games. He is just saying that whatever rape is coming from state is better rape than what else could be coming from China. He is wrong. Both Chinese virus and Faker are bad news, each in its own right. f*** them all.

There is no need to compain about gun owners not doing something or misbehaving or not wearing suit and tie at all times.

I am using my brain. He’s an idiot.

You are right if I interpret it the way you state. There might be more short term deaths due to the virus without this lockdown.

However we are not better off overall. In fact there may actually be more death overall if you consider all of the indirect consequences of this. Think about all the other people not getting the proper care for other illness and disease that are going to die that normally wouldn’t. The blood bank is drying up. Food bank is running out for those in need and there is no food supply chain plan.

I can go on and on. We will not be better off no matter how you slice it.

I think we're just tired of politicians - still receiving full salary and traveling around at will - giving us platitudes, and setting up impossible or nonsensical thresholds for when the lockdown ends. I get the sense you still don't appreciate how badly everyday people are hurting from this lockdown. "We are going to be better off at the end of this" is something for a Ford television ad, not a serious politician.

ah yeah right before covid our group was getting alot of calls from people over at huntington they were finally out of space and letting people work from home so we had to get them set up
They moved to Somerville in 2016 when the lease was up at the Huntington Ave location.

Seriously!
If we had millions of people dying I'd probably disagree but the body count is not terribly high considering there's 300+ million people in the US...

Given the fact that we closed shit way too late, if this virus is as bad as all these people were saying it is, there should be a million dead people. There aren't. There are hotspots here
and there like NYC and other urban dump city areas where the high population density creates a large number of incidents. It's too bad the world doesn't have a real death # for Wuhan, I think it could likely be shown that all the worst outbreaks are related to high population density areas. And most of the cities in china are 10 pounds of shit in a 5 lb bag.

It also explains why Cali isn't as f***ed up as you would think it is. Cali has some cities but with the exception of SF most of them aren't 10 pounds of shit in a 5 lb bag... rather you take a city like LA and even though it is a BDC, most of LAs span stretches out over miles and miles and tons of districts and neighborhoods. People aren't sitting on top of each other like they do in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom