MA Residents - GOAL membership giveaway!!!!

I appreciate what you all are doing, but it seems we have several people here that are not members. I know we need all the help we can get but are there really this many people who can't pay $30? Are times this tough for people? I don't mean to belittle anyone and I hope it doesn't come off like that. Skip lunch for a day, coffee for a week, most of us spend a lot more on useless crap in our lives. The wolves are at our doorstep and it's time to pay the price, which sadly these days is money.

I just joined and got a three year membership. I'll also be signing up my girlfriend and getting other friends to to the same.

I know we need all the help we can get but are there really this many people who can't pay $30?

There are definitely plenty of good people who are living paycheck to paycheck and even $30 can be hard. There are also people who have supported GOAL in the past, and are just in very tight circumstances right now. And there are other people who just simply need a bit of a kick start to get involved.

The hope is that once a member, they'll be more motivated to stay a member and renew themselves next year. I ran a few of these "GOAL membership giveaways" a bunch of years ago, and I know for a fact that some of the people who got these free memberships continued to support GOAL every year from that point on.

I appreciate what you all are doing, but it seems we have several people here that are not members. I know we need all the help we can get but are there really this many people who can't pay $30? Are times this tough for people? I don't mean to belittle anyone and I hope it doesn't come off like that. Skip lunch for a day, coffee for a week, most of us spend a lot more on useless crap in our lives. The wolves are at our doorstep and it's time to pay the price, which sadly these days is money.

I just joined and got a three year membership. I'll also be signing up my girlfriend and getting other friends to to the same.

It is a valid point. Hell, one range session will drain that $30 pretty darned quick these days!

Sometimes it takes a RAK or a PIF to get someone off their own personal X. (Random Act of Kindness, Pay It Fwd) As I said, I was going to send $300 to GOAL anyhow. This way I get 10 (really 12 when all was said and done) people more actively involved in GOAL and their own rights.

I could cajole people into action. Or I can encourage them. I chose to encourage. Some people actually PM'd me and told me thanks, but they were moved by my action to join GOAL on their own. Go figure!

But cajole, by all means. Some need one. Others need the other. Best if we hit folks from both sides.

Back
Top Bottom