MA resident selling rifle to a NH resident?

If I want to sell a rifle to a NH resident, my understanding is I need to drive it up to a NH FFL and have the FFL do the transfer. However, what do I do about the FA10 and getting that serial number off my name? I realize the FA10 is a MA form but is there another one that says I no longer own that firearm and it was transferred out of state?

I am with Chris on this one. I don't think it ever comes off your name in Boston's computers. What I would do/suggest is that you just keep your documents of who/when/where you sold it and then if a problem should come up in the future, you can prove that you sold it XX years ago.

I am with Chris on this one. I don't think it ever comes off your name in Boston's computers. What I would do/suggest is that you just keep your documents of who/when/where you sold it and then if a problem should come up in the future, you can prove that you sold it XX years ago.

Yeah, I definitely will keep all documentation and it will be done through an FFL. I also doubt even on an in state, FA10 transfer that the number ever comes off your record. However, at least there's also an entry to show the transfer. I was hoping there was a way to do that for out of state.

If I sell out of state, it's going to someone I know and these are hunting rifles so I'm a little more comfortable with that.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom