MA License Buying

Mark from MA

NES Member
Well I ended up buying my MA License this year. However, it didn't cost me any more than last year, think I might have paid less than last year.

I just left a few permits off of stuff I never get to, especially Muzzleloader its too late for me. I'm well done by then.

Typically I get Archery, Muzzleloader, Antlerless (never use it), Bear, Saltwater, and Turkey.

This year Archery and Pheasant only.

Was wondering how many really looked at what they really use and did the same?

Didn't get one for my son either, he will be in PA and get his own in state hunting License there.

My Dad said don't bother even though he gets a free one, i used to get some extra permits for him too......that's no longer.

So overall....... the state lost money from me this year compared to last year, and two hunters dropped from the rolls as well.

Same here. I dropped the Turkey, saltwater, and I’m not ponying up for the pheasant. I used to go once or twice a year but I don’t have a dog so I will just skip it.

I debated about the ML stamp. My back hates the cold and I don’t get out much that late in the season either.

Bob

Got the same MA licenses I always do...sporting, saltwater, waterfowl, turkey and now pheasant.

plus its time for grab our federal duck stamp for 2023

First time hunter here. I had the freshwater fishing license and saltwater license. I added hunting with an antler less permit lottery, pheasant, and just got my duck stamp. I think that is more than enough for my first season.

I spent a lot time outdoors during the pandemic and I’m not going back inside. Being out is great and I’m hoping hunting does that for me.

As a side note I always buy my saltwater license in MA for $10 because I use it when on vacation. The MA license for an MA resident is recognized in CT, RI, MA, NH and ME.

I have not hunted in years, but want to get back into it this season. Just small game (rabbit, squirrel) since there is such an abundance around here and tons of public land to hunt on. Do I just need to get the base license for that?

I have not hunted in years, but want to get back into it this season. Just small game (rabbit, squirrel) since there is such an abundance around here and tons of public land to hunt on. Do I just need to get the base license for that?
Regular hunting license only. If you want to shoot pheasants stocked on WMA's you have to buy the 4 dollar tag now.

If you hunt public land WMA's I can imagine warden might try and be dicks if you don't have the pheasant tag and you are hunting where pheasant are stocked in pheasant season.

That said.....I don't think the law is written that way....but they will always try!!!

Back
Top Bottom