• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA gun laws - FTF Browning Hi-power

I know this has been discussed here but lost that note. I was reading a great string on the MA laws, even saved a response from LenS and now can't find it again.

So I will ask the question and hopefully someone can point me to the right place.

This weeks WantAd has an ad for a new (never fired) hi-power. Is it possible to prove it's here legally without his original receipt? I think he can also have moved to MA and brought it with him. How else would I confirm it's legal?

Thanks,
Bill

This weeks WantAd has an ad for a new (never fired) hi-power. Is it possible to prove it's here legally without his original receipt? I think he can also have moved to MA and brought it with him. How else would I confirm it's legal?

Thanks,
Bill

Doesn't matter on a private transfer, as long as the seller has an LTC-A.

The only reason you would ever care about any compliance
BS is if you are concerned about transferring/consigning the gun through an
MA dealer at a later date. (ostensibly to another MA resident... outbound out of
state transfers are no problem. )

Personally on an FTF/private I could care less if a handgun has "pre 98" docs
with it, but for some others they might add value.

-Mike

I would always ask for it, since it would widen my options if I ever wanted to sell it. After all, after your 4 transfers in a year, if you really wanted/needed to sell something it must be salable thru a dealer or you sit on it until the next year.

However, I really don't care how it got into MA. If the owner has a LTC, we're good to go on the transaction!

If any 10+ mags come with it, just make certain that they're pre-ban. (unless they're marked "for LEO use only" or have a date stamp, I have no idea how one would determine their date of manufacture).

Please look at the FA-10 form and the directions on the back of the cover sheet.

If you are buying from a MA Resident, BOTH need a proper permit.

Info on both parties INCLUDING PERMIT NUMBER go on the form.

If the seller refuses to show their permit, best advice is RUN AWAY from the sale, DO NOT WALK!!

Back
Top Bottom