• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA freshwater fishing license: display?

Mass-diver

NES Member
Just got my MA FW license (going to start fishing with my 6yo daughter). I ourchased it online and printed it. I remember a million years ago you put a copy (laminated) on a pin and displayed it on your hat. I assume this is no longer the case?

Thanks!

Going even further back it was a card with your information written out. You would go to the town hall to get it. They would give you a red plastic case with a clear window to put it in.

I used my phone and never had a problem. Just hope the battery doesn't die. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my sporting and salt a couple of weeks ago. I still have two of those pin displays. Well, that is to say I had two, I can find my salt licence from last year but cannot find my sporting. Wondering if it's in the wife's car...lol

But yeah, I think you just need to be able to display the fishing license on the iphone or have a paper copy on you but I don't think they need to be displayed anymore like they used to have to be.

Last edited:
three words: fishing license sash

be the first on your pond to get on this trend. clearly identify yourself as compliant and make friends too.

order now and get a special NES version with your username bedazzled on the trim.

Just got my MA FW license (going to start fishing with my 6yo daughter). I ourchased it online and printed it. I remember a million years ago you put a copy (laminated) on a pin and displayed it on your hat. I assume this is no longer the case?

Thanks!

I typically print a couple one to keep in my ice fishing suit and one in my tackle box for freshwater fishing, you never know if you'll lose one. Keeping in your phone too is handy, they're pretty good about if you forget it though. I know the EPO asked my father and I for ours one year ice fishing and he had forgotten his, the EPO just called it in and he was on his way after confirmation that he had one. My daughter is four and I took her out for her first ice fishing adventure this passed winter and she had a ball can't wait to get her in the boat now.

No, there is no need to display your fishing license anymore. When I was young it was a cool thing to wear the red plastic case with your license. I haven't been asked to see mine (in MA) for many many years.

Back
Top Bottom