MA compliant 3rd Generation G27's

Just a heads up, Mark at Summit Gun Brokers has a batch of MA compliant 3rd Generation G27's in right now for only $450, plus shipping. If you have a dealer who will transfer them at a reasonable price, this is a steal!

I just want to add that I have absolutely no connection or interest in Mark's business. I have dealt with him three times so far and everything I've received (one S&W and two Glocks) have been better than advertised. I'm just passing on a great deal for us trapped behind enemy lines.

Here's the link if you are interested:
http://www.summitgunbroker.com/1582722.html

If you do want one, you better jump on it quickly. He always sells out quickly due to his low costs (just like I will next year when I open my shop here in MA ;-)

Mods....I know this isn't a WTS/WTB/WTT ad, but I'm just trying to help everyone out to get a hard to find MA compliant 3rd Gen Glock at a steal of a price. If you feel you need to delete it, knock yourselves out.

You can't get these in MA for under $700 so unless the tranfers are ungodly high it does seem like a deal. The G27 is a hot little gun.

That is a great price for a great gun...however, the 27's pictured are not generation 3. I am not sure if there are any generation 3 27s made prior to 1998 (if there were there are very few of them).

If you want to see what a generation 3 glock 27 looks like I have one posted n the classifieds.

This is an important issue because the generation 3 frame is an upgrade over the generation 2.5 (the upgrade involved additional strength to the frame to protect against a frame inadequacy of the gen 2.5). Unfortunately, I know this because of experience (I had a gen 2.5 with a cracked frame).

However, at a price of $450 you could buy 2 generation 2.5 27s...and sell them for a profit.

Another satisfied customer

Another Kudos to Mark. I got a Sig from him and he was great to deal with. Not a hiccup at all during the deal. He's worth giving business to and makes an effort to keep those of us in MA in mind when receiving and advertising guns!

You can't get these in MA for under $700 so unless the tranfers are ungodly high it does seem like a deal. The G27 is a hot little gun.

You can get them for less that easily enough if you're resourceful/persistent
enough... that's all I'm going to say.... $450 is definitely a decent
deal, though.

-Mike

You can get them for less that easily enough if you're resourceful/persistent
enough... that's all I'm going to say.... $450 is definitely a decent
deal, though.

-Mike

Yeah, you're right. I certainly didn't pay near that either. $700 is the common price in many popular shops around here though.

Does the 27 have the same "pressure issues" as the other .40 S&W Glocks? I've heard that the high pressure of the .40 round is sometimes a little more than the Glock can handle. I bring this up as I'm interested in the gun for carry purposes, but I don't want something that is potentially unsafe. You can't walk into almost any gun store in Mass without tripping over Glock 22's, and I wonder if the problems those guns had (have) carry over to the 27? Is the beefing up of the frame from version 2.5 to 3 part of the "fix" for that issue?

Thanks!

I e-mailed Mark on this one. Seems that most or if not all of this stock is going to 4seasons. Oh well.

Go figure.

Your best bet is to catch a pre 98 Glock on an auction site or any of the forums with WTS sections.This is what dealers in MA do,you just have to be faster than they are.Look at it like a game...For instance at a Marlboro show a couple of years ago,I watched a dealer buy another dealers entire stock of HK's that were for sale at normal prices.20 minutes later,they were at his table for sale at artificially dealer inflated MA prices.

MA FFL's are trying to corner the market on sub-compact Glocks,HK's etc..and WE are the reason they rape us on the prices.Just be patient and you will find a Glock or HK at a normal price.Just stop patronizing the shops that rape us and they WILL lower the prices. there are plenty of pre-98 Glocks and HK's out there and they do go on sale.

For instance:If I was in the market for a sub compact,I would go to a dealer in NH and let him know I am in the market for one.Call a few shops outside of MA and let them know,this is what dealers do,and so should you.

But hey,maybe FS will only mark them up 10-15%..LOL

Does the 27 have the same "pressure issues" as the other .40 S&W Glocks? I've heard that the high pressure of the .40 round is sometimes a little more than the Glock can handle. I bring this up as I'm interested in the gun for carry purposes, but I don't want something that is potentially unsafe. You can't walk into almost any gun store in Mass without tripping over Glock 22's, and I wonder if the problems those guns had (have) carry over to the 27? Is the beefing up of the frame from version 2.5 to 3 part of the "fix" for that issue?

Thanks!

Don't shoot reloads and you will be all set.

Last edited:

Thanks!

If you're talking about the weak chamber support, then yes, I don't
think they're different from any other Glock .40 in that regard.

That being said, this only really becomes an issue if you are a
reloader (well, at least one that doesn't know what he/she's doing!)
or if you use someone elses reloads. New commercial ammo
rarely (if ever) causes KB's. The vast majority of KBs are caused by
bad reloading practices or people shooting unjacketed lead bullets through
the guns. (polygonal bores accumulate lead faster which leads to a pressure
buildup).

WRT this problem, I think some of it is a QC thing as well. I've seen some
people do insane things and the pistols held up just fine. Doesn't mean I
would try to do the same things, though! [grin]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom