MA AG Overreach Thread - Part 2

What are the chances that when the beaCON hill reconvenes that they address the AG's unconstitutional actions?

What are the chances that when the beaCON hill reconvenes that they address the AG's unconstitutional actions?

Basically 0. Baker doesn't care enough, and if he took a stand he'd end up pissing off the libtard antis who think this is the best thing since sliced cheese.

Basically 0. Baker doesn't care enough, and if he took a stand he'd end up pissing off the libtard antis who think this is the best thing since sliced cheese.

The AG's office has put the whole AWB on thin legal ice, and the legislators who have half a brain (there are a few) know it. I'd bet a beer that the legislature will do ~something~ about it when they get back. Of course we probably won't like what that ~something~ is.

The AG's office has put the whole AWB on thin legal ice, and the legislators who have half a brain (there are a few) know it. I'd bet a beer that the legislature will do ~something~ about it when they get back. Of course we probably won't like what that ~something~ is.

They will ask for 'more' clarification, kick the can, drag the feet, defer

Or just put the AG's crap into the actual MGL.

That's the real risk. If we win the first court case, then something must be done by the legislature on an emergency basis. That's when I'll know it's time to leave.

Even if there is no court case, a sufficiently motivated legislature could simply take the AG's new definitions and codify them into MGL. Then any subsequent court cases become about the constitutionality of the AWB as a whole, instead of the legality of the AG making up new law, which is much more difficult for us to win.

Nobody who keeps an office under the golden dome is going to save us from Healey.

I've been told by legislative leadership members that they will do nothing about this.

I've been told by legislative leadership members that they will do nothing about this.

At all, or just pertaining to the last session? We knew DeLeo blocked any chance of them doing anything last session, but I find it hard to believe they won't try to do something. My fear is that what they try to do will just **** us over harder, though.

This issue will go to court, and Healy will lose the case.

Is that going to be the same court that applied Heller and ruled that 2A doesn't apply to stun guns because they are cruel and unusual and weren't in common use at the time 2A was enacted?

At all, or just pertaining to the last session? We knew DeLeo blocked any chance of them doing anything last session, but I find it hard to believe they won't try to do something. My fear is that what they try to do will just **** us over harder, though.

Not at all. They don't want to touch any gun law issues, period.

This issue will go to court, and Healy will lose the case.

Not once the "right" (not our friends) judges are sitting on those courts.

Who needs full-time legislature then if any Tom, Dick, or Maura can reinterpret laws as they see fit for their own agenda? Right now, we're paying these ingrates full time money to do a part-time job anyway, so let's petition for a part-time legislature like some other states do. This would weed out many of the "professional" politicians and will work to cause a higher turnover rate that may work to our advantage.

sad that such an important thread got closed. NES needs a major purge.

That said, we need to keep up the phone calls, rallies, and pressure. GOAL should be organizing another big rally and we all need to be on the phones every day.

I agree with JasonS and Bill O. Maura's junk getting codified into MGL would be the worst case scenario BUT would open the door for a subsequent court challenge. It might actaully guarantee us a second try if we lost the first challenge.

There will be some theater. Some bills will be filed and the minority members will make some noise. A legislative committee, either judiciary or public safety, will hold a hearing on the proposed bills. Maybe the house post audit committee will hold an oversight hearing. But in the end leadership will either block anything from making it to the floor or only allow debate on something they know doesn't have the votes. My guess is no legislation makes it out of committee but maybe there will be some debate on a budget amendment or two.

There will be some theater. Some bills will be filed and the minority members will make some noise. A legislative committee, either judiciary or public safety, will hold a hearing on the proposed bills. Maybe the house post audit committee will hold an oversight hearing. But in the end leadership will either block anything from making it to the floor or only allow debate on something they know doesn't have the votes. My guess is no legislation makes it out of committee but maybe there will be some debate on a budget amendment or two.

That will indeed be the scenario come next year.

I would like to kindly remind everyone that this is an election year. NOTHING will change with respect to 2A issues in this state until people start losing elections over it. That is the reality of the situation.

I would like to kindly remind everyone that this is an election year. NOTHING will change with respect to 2A issues in this state until people start losing elections over it. That is the reality of the situation.

I just printed out the ballots for tomorrow's primary. Basically where I am all but 3 positions are all unopposed (meaning Ds with NO Rs running against them in Nov) and only one important position has 2 people (both D) running for a vacated seat.

Even if there is no court case, a sufficiently motivated legislature could simply take the AG's new definitions and codify them into MGL. Then any subsequent court cases become about the constitutionality of the AWB as a whole, instead of the legality of the AG making up new law, which is much more difficult for us to win.

So the process to modify an existing active law is to just send it to the AG.. he/she will take it from there.. I still cannot believe this unbelievable over-reach was allowed to happen. I feel for the residents of MA but also fear for the rest of us. If the AG of a state can make AND enforce the laws she creates, we are losing our American way faster than we think. Un-friggin believable.

Rush just was talking about an article (OpEd) that the Dems/Libs are about ready to disband the 'Washington Generals' meaning no more respect or deals with the GOP or CotUS, just steamroll everything - sound like anyone we know?

If the next AGotUS pulls a Healyism, do you really think the GOP would do anything about it?

Time grows short - know what side you are on and what you are willing to do.

Last edited:
Unless something drastic happens I fear this is the new norm. She did it at perfect timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most ominous part of all this is that they're doing all of this presumably on the assumption that they won't have to worry about the next election cycle. In other words, that they're lining things up ahead of some game-changing event.

I would love to see an organized effort to call her bluff through non compliance via selected and vetted FFLS and buyers. Love to get a few hundred AR's through the system in one day.

Back
Top Bottom