M39 New Addtion

I've got several Mosins and the 39 is by far my favorite. Shown here with my model 38:
2mosins_38_39%20800x212.jpg

The post war stocks were squared finger grooved and the war time stocks were rounded finger grooves. The Finns also used this method on some 91 and 91/30 with what was called a pot belly type stock. By far the Finns are my best Mosins. The model 28 was the rifle used by the world famous Finn sniper. I have other B barrel Finns with a very plum coloring to the metal. This was thought to be caused by the bluing method used.

Also the VKT, SAKO, SKY and dated receivers are other M39's.

All of the Finn rifles have gone thru a refurb at one point in time. Some have been refurbed many many times.
They are NOT all battle pick up rifles that were re barreled by the Finns. The Finns purchased a great deal of receivers from other countries and with some of the rifles they never saw combat.

The M39 has come back in force and can be found on many internet dealer sites as well as gun shows.

Last edited:
And the stocks usually have killer birch wood figure!

100_0609.jpg

I still gotta get myself a B barrel and often drool over some of the plum colored ones. I'm just waiting for a stock thats just as nice as that purple hue they have.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom