M1 Garands

I was wondering if anyone had seen any at shops new lately. Ive been looking around i know i can find one online in a second but id love to go pick one up somewhere new.

I can't speak of new garand as I'm not aware any manufacturer still build this rifle. There are plenty used one. Four Season have a few garands in the shop.

If you're eligible, you can always order one of this fine rifle from CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program).

I thought Springfield Armory was making them new but I don't see them on their website.

Anyway, IDC firearms in Clinton had a few very nice ones last time I was in there.

I thought Springfield Armory was making them new but I don't see them on their website.

Anyway, IDC firearms in Clinton had a few very nice ones last time I was in there.

They did. Not sure they are actively making them anymore. The new ones they did build came with a presentation box and a few accessories. I saw one last week for sale up at LL Bean's hunting lodge in Freeport, ME. It was nice, but it's barely a patch on a real M1 from WWII and/or Korea.

At one point, the DCM (the forerunner to the CMP) use to allow a single M1 Rifle purchase/lifetime. They were way under market. I paid $165 for mine.

SAinc made M1s that used cast receivers to full this void. However now with CMP dumping all their M1s to fund their endowment, the Springfield Inc. rifles are kind of superfluous.

B

I was wondering if anyone had seen any at shops new lately. Ive been looking around i know i can find one online in a second but id love to go pick one up somewhere new.

You're in luck. A garand just posted on classified. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom