M1 Garand and D-Day Tribute "Ike's Gamble"

Hi Guys -

I'm new to the forum and look forward to seeing what my fellow New England Gun Enthusiasts are up to - and it's always fun to see other people's collections.

I live in Maine, and primarily my interest is in WW2 era firearms (American and German). I like to combine that with a woodworking hobby as well...Here's a project I recently finished after several months - thought some here may find it interesting. It started as a display case for my CMP Garand (Special version - Receiver is Springfield - January 1942), but it evolved into more of a D-Day tribute that happens to feature a Garand. The sand/soil was collected by me on a visit to Normandy a couple years ago. I tried to include a lot of period symbolism - obviously the unit patches assigned to the invasion objective, along with Ike's "SHAEF" patch design on the front.

Thanks for looking. - Scott

Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dNIxN4xZCM

Fantastic work! Sign up for a green membership and come on down to a NES shoot sometime. You could show off that awesome display, shoot whatever you bring & borrow some fun stuff to shoot from others too.

Back
Top Bottom