• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1 Carbine - UPDATE: Got it, Pics and Questions in latest post. Thanks

Looks great! You do know the butt stock pouch isn't actually a butt stock pouch...right? I've got one if you want it.

The old style had one large back loop. It was meant for the belt, but GIs found it a quick way to carry another 30 rounds on the stock of the carbine itself.

T

$750 seems to be a safe price, so long as there's nothing major affecting the rifle's value: make sure it's genuine USGI (not a commercial reproduction) and there's no damage or non original modifications. Import marking may affect value as well.

This is spot on.

Check the CMP forums. That's where I got mine, an almost correct S.G. for $725. Stuff at a fair price usually doesn't stick around, the overpriced stuff does. I hear tons of people slam the auctions as too expensive (indeed they are) but the forum prices are very fair.

EDT disregard, you got a beautiful rifle.

Last edited:
I have a sling and oiler, the oiler seems original the sling is a reproduction...

I do need that butt stock pouch... and some more mags :)

Mike

I have two 15 round USGI pre-ban mags that I had picked up for the commercial M1C I got rid of.

I could get them out to Amherst with Grayson on one of his trips if you want them?

You bought M1 carbine magazines for a M1 Garand???

Nono... M1C, using it for M1 Carbine despite the fact that I know the M1C is a rare sniper version of the Garand.

I was *trying* to reduce keystrokes into this Tapatalk UI via my iPhone vision torture device. An attempt which has now officially failed. :-/

Incidentally, I do have a Garand (not the C) and I can't for the life of me get those damned Carbine mags crammed in there, so you can have em!

Back
Top Bottom