M&P Trigger Job

Picked up my full size M&P 40. from Mike Larocca`s shop Friday. I went to the S&W range to try it out. What a difference from the stock, POS. mass. compliance trigger. Like night and day. I like this gun. It seems to have less kick than my my Glock 22 and 23. Nice handling qualities. Fits my hand perfectly. S&W did a great job on this handgun. I think they`ll see a lot of sales to Police Departments. Great to see a Massachusetts company making a great firearm. I think S&W is back. I need to call Mitch Rosen for a holster for this gun.
Just think, every time you buy a S&W it pisses off some Cambridge anti-gun liberal.
I can see a compact in my future.

The compact's feel and shoot even better then the full size. The next time you are at the S&W shooting center try one out.
What day were you at the S&W Shooting Center? I may have been there at the same time.

M&P

The compact's feel and shoot even better then the full size. The next time you are at the S&W shooting center try one out.
What day were you at the S&W Shooting Center? I may have been there at the same time.

I was there Saturday about 2pm and Monday. I renewed my Gold membership Saturday.

I was there all day Monday. I must have seen you.
Next time say hi.
I will be the guy on the range with the red hat and body armor.

Go over to mp-pistol.com and read about the nightmares people are having with mag-drops with the compact models. It's kept me away from the M&P again until S&W fixes the problem.

What is the problem with the trigger everyone seams to have with the M&P?
I have the 40 compact and I like it, I dont have any problems with the trigger....

What is the problem with the trigger everyone seams to have with the M&P?
I have the 40 compact and I like it, I dont have any problems with the trigger....

Here in MA, due to AG regulations, the M&P has to be delivered with a 10+ lb trigger.

S&W

I was there all day Monday. I must have seen you.
Next time say hi.
I will be the guy on the range with the red hat and body armor.
Where you the range safety? I was the guy with the Army ACU assault pack. I shot my new M&P and my G23. I only shot 50rds. so I wasn`t there very long.

rwl1955 yes red hat, black body armor, bald head.
I was on the range almost all day Monday and will be on the range all day this Monday. The next time your in stop and say Hi.

Go over to mp-pistol.com and read about the nightmares people are having with mag-drops with the compact models. It's kept me away from the M&P again until S&W fixes the problem.

Grasshopper. the problem some are having revolves around the mag release part. One call to S&W tech folks and they'll send along a replacement for free.

I noticed a mag drop problem earlier this week. Happened twice while I was trying out Wolf ammo. But I'm pretty sure I was just hitting the mag release while shooting.

Don't be so sure about that a buddy of mine has sent his back to SW for mag drop problems twice already it was a common problem with earlier ones.

Considering that I'd already put about 1.5K rounds through it before it happened, I'm thinking it was a fluke. If it continues, though, obviously I'll have to get it fixed.

I just got my M&P9c back from Greg Derr, and what was once a brutal hack job of a MA trigger is now very smooth and light enough not to hurt my finger when I pull it! A great job and quick too; he had it back earlier than promised.

Back
Top Bottom