M&P Runs Itself Dry?

WallHack

Banned
Anyone else have this problem? I use either M-7 Pro or Hoppe's gun oil, and after a couple hundred rounds in my M&P 40 it's almost all gone. I oil all the contact points on the frame as well as a light coat on the barrel, and I always have the same problem.

Was thinking about going grease, specifically Amazon.com: Slip 2000 Extreme Weapons Grease Syringe: Sports & Outdoors Anyone else use this or something similar in a semi-auto? Results?

Are you having functional issues? Premature wear? If not, I'm not sure I'd overthink this one too much.

I have started to use Mobil 1 every so often. Good stuff.

M Pro7 stuff always seems to 'dry' up faster. I think it is designed that way maybe.

Use better oil. I use Mobile 1 10w 30. If you're really worried use 90w gear oil.

Automotive products perform WAY better then specialty "firearms" lubricants and cost a bunch less too.

This. I use the Eddie Coyle 50/50 mix of mobil1 oil and mobil1 ATF. Runs greatand I clean it ever 500 -1000 rounds whether it needs it or not.

Has anyone ever tried Marvel Mystery Oil on there guns, I love the stuff on my machines for lube & rust protection.

Tim

Are you having functional issues? Premature wear? If not, I'm not sure I'd overthink this one too much.

The rails have more wear than I'd like for approx. 1,000 rounds. I carry it AND shoot it, so I'd like something that stays in place

This. I use the Eddie Coyle 50/50 mix of mobil1 oil and mobil1 ATF. Runs greatand I clean it ever 500 -1000 rounds whether it needs it or not.

Might try this.

You guns own guns that need oil hahahaha

GUNS ON GUNS ON GUNS!

Hack what wear are you seeing post a pic if you dont mind.

I just pulled my M&P40 apart to see if there was any, nope nothing i could see. Ive run 2-3k myself through this gun and when i bought it used the previous owner said he only shot like maybe 1k.

glock21kb1sh-handgun31.jpg

here's a pic of mine

+1 for TW25B grease. I use it exclusively on bolts/rails/slides/barrels and its never run dry on anything I own. I also use a drop or two of the MC2500 oil for lubrication of trigger/sear/hammer components.

Yep...This. Anything with metal on metal gets the TW25B

TW25%20GREASE%201.75ozWEB.jpg

Different points on handguns require different lubricants. In the warm months I use grease on the slide, guide rod, barrel and locking lugs, with a small drop of oil in the trigger mechanism. As the weather gets colder,and the viscosity of the grease increases on the slide, I'll switch to Mobil 1 synthetic, grease is still applied in the previous mentioned locations. I prefer grease because its stays in place and has better barrier properties than most oils, but when the weather gets cold, Mobil 1 is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom