• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P c Grip extension question

Can't you get them from s&w directly? I've heard of people talking to customer service and getting one for free when they asked where they could find some

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

MidwayUSA. Just got 2 today, that arrived after being on back-order for a month. Couple of bucks each IIRC.

Although I do like the feel of the grip extension, I shoot just just as well without it. I think I may get rid of my extensions.

Yes, if you ask nicely, S&W Customer Service will ship them to you free. A few folks have reported asking and being told to buy them, but most have received them free . . . I did this twice as they shipped the wrong ones, you need to tell them if you need the MA-cripple-mag baseplates or the Free America ones as they are different.

I got three sent out from S&W just by calling. Had them in a couple of days from the call and didn't cost a penny.

Beware ordering them from another online site. The floor plates for 12 round mags are different from the ones for 10 round mags and the 9mm are different from the .40. Check the model numbers on the part before you order. You can find a full parts list on S&W web site to verify what you need.

Just to confirm not the little "Pinky" extension. I'm looking for the extension that turns a compact into a full size grip. S&W has them ?

Just to confirm not the little "Pinky" extension. I'm looking for the extension that turns a compact into a full size grip. S&W has them ?

No, just buy FS mags and put the slip-sleeve on them. The sleeves are sold by a 3rd-party company and you can find the info on the M&P Forum.

Their is no such extension for compact magazines. What you need is a full size magazine with the xgrip.
http://www.x-grips.com/products/sw.html

This is great if you live where you can use 17 round mags,. come home and put in 17 round mag. In MA you use full size 10 round mags. Just buy the fullsize gun if you want a full grip.

Last edited:
Their is no such extension for compact magazines. What you need is a full size magazine with the xgrip.
http://www.x-grips.com/products/sw.html

This is great if you live where you can use 17 round mags,. come home and put in 17 round mag. In MA you use full size 10 round mags. Just buy the fullsize gun if you want a full grip.

Does this matter for the xgrip? The 17 round mag ought to be the same size as a 10 round without the internal cripplers right?

Ohh, never saw those. I guess it could be an idea if you have a slew of full size mags...
It seems kinda moot, if you're limited to the 10 rd MA mags.
It's a compact pistol, and conceals great with the Flat bottom mags. The pinky extension's are OK but why practice with a huge mag on a CCW piece if you're stuck with the limit anyway?
The more I shoot my 9c, the more I like it without the extension. My .02

Ohh, never saw those. I guess it could be an idea if you have a slew of full size mags...
It seems kinda moot, if you're limited to the 10 rd MA mags.
It's a compact pistol, and conceals great with the Flat bottom mags. The pinky extension's are OK but why practice with a huge mag on a CCW piece if you're stuck with the limit anyway?
The more I shoot my 9c, the more I like it without the extension. My .02

I'm considering it. I don't have a full size 9 and there are times when I'd prefer to be a little more comfortable in my grip at the range without using my 45. Not for training but for plinking or bullseye type activities. When I go through a lot of ammo with the 9c my hand regrets it by the end of the day. Paying less than $100 for a full size mag and an xgrip sounds better that $500 for another gun.

My plan is to go w/a 40c w/X-Grip (10rds) for range,plate,pin shoots then swap out the barrel for a Timber Lake 9mm for CCW using the flush mount 10 rd factory mag. Sounds like a good idea. At least in theory. I like the idea of the 2 gun option and the < $ on ammo. Plus can always use flush mount 40 mag for CCW. Any opinions ?

My plan is to go w/a 40c w/X-Grip (10rds) for range,plate,pin shoots then swap out the barrel for a Timber Lake 9mm for CCW using the flush mount 10 rd factory mag. Sounds like a good idea. At least in theory. I like the idea of the 2 gun option and the < $ on ammo. Plus can always use flush mount 40 mag for CCW. Any opinions ?

Can't comment on the barrel swap out but my experience with the flush floor plates was miserable. I just could not get a good consistent grip on the gun with them. Could be my particular hands or my delicate, girlish grip but the position of the gun in my hand would change with every shot with those things. I have zero problem concealing with the pinky extensions but they make a world of difference in my grip. They also make it easier for me to shoot more comfortably at the range but its that third box of ammo that's making me consider the x grip [smile]

It's a decent idea as long as you practice with it on the arrangement you intend to carry it in.
Tho I feel the pinky extension mags are all you need really, it really gives a full grip, you don't need more IF you're crippled to the 10 rd cap.
The 40 for SD would be great too.

Can't comment on the barrel swap out but my experience with the flush floor plates was miserable. I just could not get a good consistent grip on the gun with them. Could be my particular hands or my delicate, girlish grip but the position of the gun in my hand would change with every shot with those things. I have zero problem concealing with the pinky extensions but they make a world of difference in my grip. They also make it easier for me to shoot more comfortably at the range but its that third box of ammo that's making me consider the x grip [smile]

Yup. That's why the MKII always goes to the range with me too!

I have two x grips available if anyone wants them pm me ( 40 cal ) , will sell them , I have gone over to the Dark side.

Back
Top Bottom