• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lunenberg (small)

Actually, it's next Saturday (April 15th), isn't it?

Went last year. Neat little, crowded show in the clubhouse, packed wall-to-wall with good-ole-boys selling their stuff. Don't look for any deals... just go enjoy an old-fashioned gun show and have some breakfast at the front door!

Here's a scan of the flyer:

Lunenburg.jpg

FPrice said:
Does the Lunenburg show have any special to recommend it?

Well, its a pretty damn small show, usually. Personally I would not bother
with it if you're more than 20-30 minutes away, unless you're really
bored or something.

There is one redeeming thing about lunenburg, though... its mostly
GUNS. There is typically not metric tons of total crap like there is at a lot
of other shows. Lance (the -REAL- holster guy) also usually shows up for
that show, so if you're looking to get some stuff from him, he'll probably
be there....

-Mike

The Boston Patriot said:
Mike,

Usually how many guys are there selling? Tables?

TBP

Theres usually... lemme see...

-Stoney Acres (the guys from sutton?)
-Match Shot Firearms (Gardner)

-Another 3-5 dealers that I don't remember offhand, but theyre quite a bit smaller than the first two. (Including the guy that has netting all over
his table and a bunch of bad prices).

-Some guy / lady with an ammo table in the back
but prices usually arent spectacular. I think they sell targets and
stuff, too.

-Theres another guy with like brass/reloading stuff, I think, and maybe
a little ammo.

-Lance, the Holster/ammo box (like reloaders boxes) odds and ends guy. Invariably I always end up picking a few things up from him before the end of the show.

-Mike

dwarven1 said:
I think that was Eldon McElhiney...

If it was the same guy that was handing out the discount coupons, it was. There was another guy there, I think, that had netting. Older fellow and his wife, who does the paperwork. Prices are always high considering the quality of some of the stuff.

Gary

Garys said:
If it was the same guy that was handing out the discount coupons, it was. There was another guy there, I think, that had netting. Older fellow and his wife, who does the paperwork. Prices are always high considering the quality of some of the stuff.

I think that the older guy was McElhiney - his wife was there doing paperwork when I stopped by. This the guy whose hands were shaking pretty bad - also I noticed that he was wearing a Masonic ring.

I went to the show today, I only live about 15 minutes away. If you are close by it is worth going to. I picked up some targets and a cleaning mat, as others have mentioned there is a lady there with a large variety of targets. I also picked up a bayonet for my M1 Garand, cheaper than I saw them for at the Marlboro show. Nobody with huge amouts of ammo, mostly old stuff but I did pick up a box of .45 ACP Wolf for $8 (diagonally across from a guy selling some of the same exact box for $13, the $8 guy was almost out not surprisingly). The tables are kind of close together so it is a bit crowded, and they had a pretty good turnout and better food than Marlboro.

Yup, I made it there myself too. Got a few good deals -- 1000 .40S&W Federal cases, cleaned for $10, and a bag of 500 lead .38 slugs for $10. The big plus is that I never knew the place existed until I saw the flyer, and it's 10 minutes from here. That's 2 gun clubs within 10 minutes of my house -- I'm a member of NLRG -- and the dues for Lunenburg is only $35, so I grabbed a flyer and will support them with my membership.

Lunenburg Pistol Team

Posts from Groton & Leominster: two potential new members for the Lunenburg Pistol team ! We're part of the Worcester County League. Our last match of the season is this comming Monday at 7:00 PM against Leominster (Love to beat them, but they're one of the two toughest teams we face). We'll start up again in August. It's all .22 National Match (50 ft.) shooting. We shoot against 8 other clubs both home & away.

I'll forward any requests for info to the team captain.

Back
Top Bottom