Lugging Those Heavy Boxes. . . .

Personal_Counseling_Service_126.jpg

I was just wondering about the mail carrier’s circumstance when having to carry a heavy box of reloading items in one of those Priority Mail boxes. Do they carry a wheeled cart of some sort in their Jeep or do they have to carry it by hand from the Jeep to the door? I’ve only seen my mail carrier a few times but wouldn’t want to have her lugging a twenty to forty pound box to my door . . . surely they must have some sort of cart they use. Anyone know how they transport these things? Thanks.​

most of the time the heavy stuff is not delivered by your mail carrier but someone else who just does parcel post stuff.

Why would anyone ship anything USPS if they didn't have to?

most of the time the heavy stuff is not delivered by your mail carrier but someone else who just does parcel post stuff.

Thanks for your comeback, it's nice to know that she (mail carrier) won't be the one that has to lug my deliveries.

I have had no problem at all with USPS Priority Mail shipments and it’s delivered in only two or three days. They are also somewhat inexpensive for what they do. I liked UPS also but I’ve had a few problems with them on a couple of occasions and would now rather go with USPS.​

I go to the post office to pick up the 70lb packages. I feel bad when I see them lugging several hundred pounds to my house. Once time they had to send the Postman hom when he threw out his back.

They don't deliver mail where I live. When I get a flat rate box, the post master makes me go in back and get it myself.

450lbs of bullets came to my office a couple of weeks ago and it came in a regular mail truck by the normal mailman. He said he made us his first stop so he could lightened his load, otherwise it was business as usual. His rear bumper was pretty low.

The mail lady in my town has brought me few 70# flat rate boxes of bullets before. She doesn't even have a mail truck.

I buy a lot of parts, etc. and have them shipped Priority Mail. This is the cheapest and best method of shipping I have found. I paid Magill's $17.00 to have a small package shipped UPS "Three Day Select service". The package took a week to arrive.

The flat rate is quite a bargain when shipping large quantities of bullets.

Jack

+1

It's the best deal going. It is kinda funny picking them up from the post office... the mail clerk said to me
"What'd they send you, a box of rocks?" [laugh]

-Mike

USPS

My girlfriend works in the post office. She is sent out with priority mail most days. She said they have 2 wheelers available to take when needed.

Back
Top Bottom