• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC A-B clarifacation

I have seen peoples posts and websites (conserning the purchase of a pistol) say "must have class A ltc"
my question is...

Chapter 140: Section 131. Licenses to carry firearms; Class A and B; conditions and restrictions. the only diffrence between a class A and B is the restriction on capasity and carrying issues, so if the pistol in question dosnt have preban high cap mags, why cant the holder of a class B purchase it and not carry it?

AND is not considered a 'hi-cap gun by definition" (see hi-cap roster), then a Class B LTC is adequate.

ALL S&W 41, 422 and 622 pistols are "hi-cap" by definition and on the hi-cap roster. Most target shooters that own S&W 41s have no idea that they own a hi-cap gun!

I had no idea there was a High cap roster... why do we have the law that only a holder of a class a can posess a high cap mag (even tho u cant in mass unless its a preban) AND a high cap roster for only class a holders. if a class b dosnt permit you to own a high cap mag in the first place?![crying]

the more i learn about mass gun laws the more restrictive and pointless i find them to be.

i found it!! okay.but its for 2002 i cant find 07... i still think this law is un neccisarry because of the first the law that only a class a holder can have a high cap mag AND that mass residents can only have preban mags.....

Last edited:
If you saw a 2007 list you'd cry.

Since most of America is now "free", almost all current handguns would be "hi-cap" (LTC-A only) by definition.

GCAB/EOPS did the job of creating the List during the Fed Ban in 2002 and have ignored it since then.

LTC-B holders CAN possess pre-ban hi-cap mags for rifles/shotguns.
LTC-A holders CAN possess pre-ban hi-caps for any guns.

"Since most of America is now "free"," hahaha yeah, too bad mass isnt huh? so much for land of the free, home of the brave... [sad2]

Thanks for the clarification on this LENs!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom