Lowell cops shoot a man in his house with a knife

It's perfectly sensible for commoners to have opinions about how authorities should behave. The opinions may be wrong, just as the authorities may be acting poorly. But nobody should be above questioning or criticism, particularly those with with power. My view, as a mere commoner, is that anyone worth shooting is worth shooting as much as required to get the job done. Anyone threatening with deadly force, be it a knife or otherwise, is fair game for shooting assuming the shooter has a reason to be there and is not responsible for escalating the situation in the first place. In this case, assuming the reporting is correct, everything looks fine. The only issue is whether the reporting is correct. We obviously can't trust police (which is too bad, but simply the reality). So, people have questions and should expect more than just the word of the police. This is why body cams make so much sense these days. If I were a cop I would very much want one.

LEO or not, if some dude is coming at you with a meat cleaver in one hand and a knife in the other and you try and get cute, there's only one thing to say...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's perfectly sensible for commoners to have opinions about how authorities should behave. The opinions may be wrong, just as the authorities may be acting poorly. But nobody should be above questioning or criticism, particularly those with with power. My view, as a mere commoner, is that anyone worth shooting is worth shooting as much as required to get the job done. Anyone threatening with deadly force, be it a knife or otherwise, is fair game for shooting assuming the shooter has a reason to be there and is not responsible for escalating the situation in the first place. In this case, assuming the reporting is correct, everything looks fine. The only issue is whether the reporting is correct. We obviously can't trust police (which is too bad, but simply the reality). So, people have questions and should expect more than just the word of the police. This is why body cams make so much sense these days. If I were a cop I would very much want one.

Its interesting to me that you consider yourself a "mere commoner".

If you obviously cant trust police, which is too bad, but the reality, then you are assuming this Lowell shoot is bad. I dont know if they had body cams or not, but if they didnt, youve already adopted the stance that the cops version is to be doubted.

If you obviously cant trust police, which is too bad, but the reality, then you are assuming this Lowell shoot is bad. I dont know if they had body cams or not, but if they didnt, youve already adopted the stance that the cops version is to be doubted.

Could have said that better: I mean I have no reason to believe them, not that I necessarily assume what they say is a lie. This is about the level of trust I would have in anyone less a discount for the thin blue line protecting itself.

Back
Top Bottom