• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

looking for info on Beretta Cheatah 86 with tilt up barrel

Toe Knee

NES Member
I was wondering if anyone might know anything about the model.

I came to own this pistol a year ago:
Model: PO8639B
Product Description: 86 CHEETAH .380 BLUED/WOOD
Approximate Manufacture Date: 1996

It came from an estate. It looks to be unfired and is in amazing condition.

I came across an ad on Gunbroker asking $1000.00 but that example looks pretty beat up. Gunbroker is notoriously high priced so i thought nothing of it until I came across an auction on GunAuction.com that ended at $1800.

here's the gunbroker ad:

And Here's the closed aution:

The build date on mine is 1996 and the one in the auction was 1991. I'm thinking that was the reason for commanding such a high price but I'm just guessing.

IMG_0198.JPG

Last edited:
What makes this model attractive to me is that it is a tip-up barrel. As I get older, it is a little more difficult to rack the slide. The tip allows you to load the first round manually, and then your off to the races. If you are a MA resident and interested in selling yours, I would be interested. my cell: 508-932-3258 Ron

I’m curious if this tilt up barrel Beretta has an extractor? I bought a little Beretta 21a and turned it into an assassin pistol. I had the barrel extended and threaded and the safety converted to a slide lock. It’s a very cool little pistol and I use it with a Bowers Bitty silencer but the design doesn’t use an extractor. If I use the slide lock I have to pry the spent casing out of the barrel. I love the little thing but I felt pretty dumb I didn’t know it didn’t have an extractor.

interesting. it has an ejector but no extractor like an M9/92fs would. It must not need one?

Super cool little pistol but I'll probably throw it on Gunbroker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom