• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a S&W Model 41

There's one at Collectors in Stoneham...

41198 S&W M41 7in & 5.5in. Bbl 3 mags, extra adjustable grips pistol .22LR blue $1,199.99

and one at Four Seasons...

Smith & Wesson 41 .22LR $1099.95 FACT BOX, 2 MAGS, EXC CONDITION

The issues are they are wicked expensive..I really want one too though. I believe you should only shoot standard velocity ammo.

I think your best bet is to search rim fire central and SW forum.
Try to find if there is any generational issues.
From my brief experience taking time to find one I noticed 2 things.
They are either very high round count or very little.
I have the 7" barrel with weights and muzzle brake. Great pistol for me and really makes me look like I know how to shoot.

They can be ammo picky. I only run standard velocity CCI and "target" ammo generally runs fine. Cheap bulk fodder not so much.

The 22 bullseye shooters at one club I shoot at swear buy any 41 made between 1960 and 1990.
The newer generation post 95ish don't seem to have the popularity as the older guns.

I had to hunt down some new mags. Mine where OK but had feeding issues.

Good luck... they are a pretty simple design and really don't know if there are many problems with them.

I mine has a nice grip and natural point and it has some heft to it....I like a heavier gun .

Find an earlier model with a 7" barrel.

Tried a few different brands of ammo with mine and the only thing that worked reliably was CCI sv.

But, if your out in W. Mass, there is a shop out there in Housatonic that had a few new ones lying around last time I checked.

Great pistol. I love mine. As said, shoot only standard velocity ammo.
Never, ever d&t an original barrel. Clark makes a great barrel with built in rail if you want to shoot a dot.

Back
Top Bottom