Looking for a new bow ...

My bowtech is silent and easy to shoot, no vibration or movement. Its also fast snd therefore a flat shooter. Speed is okay, but for me silence and control is more important.
I use fmj arrows with 100grain thunderhead edge fixed blades. A tuned bow shouldn't need retractable heads. They also rob massive amounts of energy upon activation.

My arrows sre skinny for low drag pass through and tough and about 11gpi. So my arrows are right about 400 grains total.

In conclusion shoot every bow and buy the quietest, easiest to shoot that you csn find.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Speed is overrated. Silence, or as close to silence and accuracy are far better. My first Compound bow was set at 30 inch dl at 70lbs (i m 6'2" with ape length arms). Fast as shit, but I missed 3 deer due to a very loud release resulting in jumping the string. Shots were kind of long between 25 and 30 yd. Finally bagged one at 5 yds where noise just didn't matter. I hung that bow up and got a Hoyt Carbon Element. It has the same 30 inch dl but I had it set for 55 lb draw. Plenty fast, but slower than the old Parker. But, no need to struggle pulling back 70lbs. Took 2 deer, 2 shots, no jumping the string. One at 20 and one at almost 30 yds. Nice and quiet. Looks cool too.

So i used a nice little Martin Exile 53 lbs 26.5 draw , carbon raider platinum 400's 100g NAP mechanical. Its a nice small 30.5 axle to axle 3.4 lbs bow .. easy to get around with. But buy no means a speed demon. Im looking to upgrade this year all around and i had a few in mind but was wondering if you guys have picked any of these bows up and have any consumer advice.im looking to get another bow that is the same size or smaller, same weight or lighter, and is faster. I dont really this its necessary to increase my speed to much, maybe to 60 ? At first i was looking into a bear carnage, its fast , but its BIG , for a smaller guy like me .... went to reedys the other day picked up a mathews monster chill ... pretty awesome bow , also fast , small and light, also really liked the mattews heliu-m, for same reasons. Didnt have a chance to talk to anyone in there through. They were busier than a one armed paper hanger!
Was also thinking bout stepping up to some gold tip ultra light pro 400's with a fixed broad head i dont know much about the different in arrows besides the weight and length and what not , not really what makes one better than the other. iv got a few weeks to sit on this but heading out to A plus archery in spencer tomorrow , never been there.

Have you killed a deer with your bow yet? Your set up is capable of full pass through shots if you shoot in the right spot and use good broadheads. Why spend the money on an a new bow unless your old one just doesn't cut it?

Back
Top Bottom