Looking for a Gun Club around Medford, MA

Looking for a Gun Club around Medford, MA. I did talk to Malden Gun Club at the Shriners show and they were very nice about joining and coming down to see the club in person.

Is anyone here a member at Malden? Do you like being a member there?

I'm just getting started so any info would help.

MRA in Woburn (they have a web site) is a better choice. I know a few Mystic Valley members who are not happy campers. They are going to join MRA, just like I did.

MRA in Woburn (they have a web site) is a better choice. I know a few Mystic Valley members who are not happy campers. They are going to join MRA, just like I did.

Thanks Gammon, do they have outdoor ranges? How are they on bringing a guest?

Gammon, thats really low to bad mouth a club without reason. I have pm'd other members here when they ask questions about a particular club so as not to bad mouth them in the forum. I have been a member at Mystic for over 25 years, an officer for many of them. I'd really like to hear why some members are "not happy campers". Even more so I'd love to here their gripes personally if they'd care to write me (if they do, in fact, exist).

BigD, if you spoke to someone on Sat it was probably me, if on Sun it was probably one of our pistol school instructors. My offer to come see the club and meet some members is still open to you (or any other interested parties). I am at the club on Wed evenings from 7-9 (usually later). Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
BigD, if you spoke to someone on Sat it was probably me, if on Sun it was probably one of our pistol school instructors. My offer to come see the club and meet some members is still open to you (or any other interested parties). I am at the club on Wed evenings from 7-9 (usually later). Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Hey Clerk, that was me at the show on Saturday. I'm going to come by and check it out. Maybe next Wednesday. Thanks

Gammon, thats really low to bad mouth a club without reason. I have pm'd other members here when they ask questions about a particular club so as not to bad mouth them in the forum. I have been a member at Mystic for over 25 years, an officer for many of them. I'd really like to hear why some members are "not happy campers". Even more so I'd love to here their gripes personally if they'd care to write me (if they do, in fact, exist).

There's a thread on MVGC in this subforum. Hasn't seen much use lately, so if you plan on sticking around, it would be a good spot for a little free advertising for your club.

I have been a member of MVGC for about 15 years. I have never had any problems there. The place is convenient and offers 24 hour access. I belong to another club as well but tend to gravitate towards MVGC because it's so close.

Regards,
Paul

Alternatively, I know a few MRA members who are not happy campers either...As a matter of fact, I personally know someone who left MRA to join MVGC. Each club is unique in what it offers. Personally, I am looking to join a more tactically friendly club - either Harvard or Pelham.

Without reason? I was in the MVGC parking lot with a member who could not gain access because his key card had not been activated for 2008. This might seem like a fluke but there was a series of members who attempted to gain access and failed because thier cards were not functional. These were unhappy campers and at least one announced an intention to join MRA.

On a personal level, I was a member of MVGC for over 15 years and attempted to gain access to the club on January first of the year (several years ago) but found that my card would no longer work. The usual reason for this problem is non payment of dues so I checked the club web site and found that the date for dues payment was March of that year, so I had a couple of months left to pay my dues, or so I thought. Leaving nothing to chance, I delivered my dues personally by inserting the envelope into the MVGC mail slot (I couldn't get into the club).

I later called the club and got one of the officers on the line. I was told that my card was not activated for that year because my dues had not been paid by the due date January 1. This was extremely puzzling because the club web site listed the date for dues payment as March 1. My pleas to the club officer fell on deaf ears; I was told that my only recourse was to appear before the board of directors and apply for re-instatement. Otherwise I would have to pay the initiation fee again. Since I was in no mood to beg for re-instatement, I joined MRA. This was one of the best moves I have ever made; thank you MVGC.

PS The jerks never even returned ther check I delivered to cover my dues.

Let me get this straight now. You were a member for over 15 years and didn't know when the dues were due? I have been a member at MVGC, (an officer for many) for over 25 years and the dues have NEVER been due in March. March may have been the drop-dead date for late payments years ago, meaning after that date you must re-apply for membership. So MVGC are the "jerks" because you couldn't follow the rules?? Thanks for joining MRA, one less headache for us.

(BTW, MRA is a good club, many friends are members there, this is meant in no way to slight MRA)

Back
Top Bottom