Looking for a club in Essex or Middlesex County

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to NE Shooters...very glad to be here!!

Perhaps you good folks can help. I'm looking for a club in either Essex County or Middlesex County, MA that allows it's members to conduct training. I'm an NRA and MA certified pistol instuctor and would like to be able to do classes. However, many private clubs do not allow this due to their "non-profit" status or they have their own instructors who do classes exclusively. I can certainly understand their thinking on both cases, but there must be some place out there that will allow it.
I have checked out several local clubs both in NE Mass and Southern NH, and would love to become a member in any one of them just as a place to shoot, but If I could find someplace that allows private training as well, that would be ideal.
Any suggestions at all?

Best,
SigFan

Its worth a shot with HHRG - Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun Club

I know some here are members - and in fact NRA certified instructors.

Try visiting their website and dropping the President an Email:

http://www.hhrg.org

I would be happy to go with you during the weekend to check out the club and pop a couple rounds :)

Thank you for the quick reply, Dirtypacman! Actually, several folks have suggested HHRG as well and it sounds like a very nice club. The only thing is that I have two good friends who are instructors there and I certainly don't want to step on their toes as far as classes go. It wouldn't be fair to them. But, I may join anyway just to have a good place to shoot. The other concern that I have is air quality. I've been to a few indoor ranges where it's not safe to inhale due to the poor air filtration. I've heard that HHRG is one of the better places around as far as that goes.

Best,

SigFan

I really like HHRG - I have yet to meet a member I did not like and enjoyed there company at the range.

Offer still stands if ever interested... i must admit I don't have a key to the indoor range but will be working on getting that (always seem to be busy when I can meet up to get it)

Back
Top Bottom