Looking for 22 caliber pellet gun

I use .177 with no issues. I use alloy pellets Red Fire Gamo for Pest Control
1250 fps
Walmart has an amazing line up of pellet guns .22 and .177 I filter the search results to show me 700 FPS or greater. Most come with a nice 4x scope , prices are great.

I have a wonderful GAMO Shadow Whisper .177 , a true squirrel hunter. The Alloy .177 pellets travel 1200 FPS

The scope is perfect , have not needed to adjust it in over 2 years
Screenshot_20230708_004631_Walmart.jpg

She arrived today. I mounted the scope and pumped it up. Roughed the scope in freehand with the less expensive Domed Crosman 14.3gr pellets. I’m a fan so far. Took my first chipmunk with it at 20yds or so freehand with a headshot. It waves around like a baton on hand pump weary arms but it is accurate and wow is it quiet. IMG_4989.jpeg

Side note does anybody have a Hatsan QE in .177 or .22 that would like a Hajimoto stak pak? I’ll Karma it to someone that thinks they can use it.
HP Stak Pak for Hatsan QE - Hajimoto Productions LLC

She arrived today. I mounted the scope and pumped it up. Roughed the scope in freehand with the less expensive Domed Crosman 14.3gr pellets. I’m a fan so far. Took my first chipmunk with it at 20yds or so freehand with a headshot. It waves around like a baton on hand pump weary arms but it is accurate and wow is it quiet. View attachment 773525

Side note does anybody have a Hatsan QE in .177 or .22 that would like a Hajimoto stak pak? I’ll Karma it to someone that thinks they can use it.
HP Stak Pak for Hatsan QE - Hajimoto Productions LLC
What scope did you go with

Last edited:
That guy has a special hate for the gray rats
The gray rats and I have a truce. They leave my house and garden alone and I don't take them out of the gene pool.

Chipmunks are another story- I'll kill every one of those M-Fers I can get. I ordered some of those pellets which should be even more fun on the munks. For now I have that lower end ATN thermal scope on the modded Marauder. That should be fun to watch the exploding pellets with. I can already see pellet impacts on a target and with enough distance can even trace the pellets in flight. Shoulda coughed up the dough for one with camera abilities. I have an adapter and can maybe figure out a cheap hack.

The gray rats and I have a truce. They leave my house and garden alone and I don't take them out of the gene pool.

Chipmunks are another story- I'll kill every one of those M-Fers I can get. I ordered some of those pellets which should be even more fun on the munks. For now I have that lower end ATN thermal scope on the modded Marauder. That should be fun to watch the exploding pellets with. I can already see pellet impacts on a target and with enough distance can even trace the pellets in flight. Shoulda coughed up the dough for one with camera abilities. I have an adapter and can maybe figure out a cheap hack.
took a little while but the trash panda and tree rats have seemed to figure out the line of death
Voles and munks , not so much.

Last edited:
I just received two packs of .22 Exploding pellets.

In case you want to see the effect on Squirrels:

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/P-6YNLKjdgg

Malodave

That guy has a special hate for the gray rats
Special hate seems to equate to his willingness to put $$ into his pursuit. Even ignoring the rifle (~$3K), March FX 5-42 High Master optics for shooting squirrels at short range????? The scope alone is more than $4K!! I've seen ELR and 1,000 yd F-class shooters using those in competition on custom competition rifles!! [bow]

Special hate seems to equate to his willingness to put $$ into his pursuit. Even ignoring the rifle (~$3K), March FX 5-42 High Master optics for shooting squirrels at short range????? The scope alone is more than $4K!! I've seen ELR and 1,000 yd F-class shooters using those in competition on custom competition rifles!! [bow]
I could be wrong but i think he also competes ? I would have to poke around a bit.
He at least set up a bait station to promote a good position to shoot them.

has he eradicated the squirrels?

You can try but they just keep on coming. I've done my fair share of attempted eradication by both Remington and radials but to no avail.

On that there were about 5 or 6 known great squirrel migrations. Here's 1968's: The Great Squirrel Migration of 1968

Why you may ask that I know of these weird short-lived events? It's because one day in my back yard, there were at least 50 of the little bastards crossing it as a group in a loose V shaped formation all heading north and I'm not only spellbound with deer fever but also thinking self, the sights you see when you don't have a shotgun, so this caused me to to look up squirrels traveling in groups. Also, like most rodents, they're pretty prolific with the spring-offs by way of 2 litters a year.

Last edited:
In case you want to see the effect on Squirrels:

I hear that those things can dirty up a barrel pretty quickly?

Special hate seems to equate to his willingness to put $$ into his pursuit.

I'm pretty certain that his channel makes more than enough $$ to pay for his toys.

I'm pretty certain that his channel makes more than enough $$ to pay for his toys.
Yeah, no argument and good for him. I just found it humorous to see that in a thread about .22 cal air rifles, where it seemed that many were reacting to $500 Marauder PCPs as "good if you can afford ithem but perhaps all you need is a break-barrel pellet rifle in the $200 range". Plenty of videos available of birds being sniped from more than 100 yds with FX rifles and $500 scopes. Tickled my funny bone to see $7,000 rifle/glass used to video picking off squirrels at 25? :) Context is that OP posted for recommendations on an airgun repeater with a budget of $300. Again, more power to the Edgun channel.

Last edited:
Yeah, no argument and good for him. I just found it humorous to see that in a thread about .22 cal air rifles, where it seemed that many were reacting to $500 Marauder PCPs as "good if you can afford ithem but perhaps all you need is a break-barrel pellet rifle in the $200 range". Plenty of videos available of birds being sniped from more than 100 yds with FX rifles and $500 scopes. Tickled my funny bone to see $7,000 rifle/glass used to video picking off squirrels at 25? :) Again, more power to the Edgun channel.
Want to see folks spend $$$$ on air rifle… become FPP.

If you have a serious recommendation for better, at or below the same price, I'm all ears. :)
Well you did not mention cost lol
Almost any side or under lever will do better.
The scope all those scopes that come with these cheap air guns suck.
Plastic 4x32

I think this would do better than a gammo.

Last edited:
Well you did not mention cost lol
Almost any side or under lever will do better.
The scope all those scopes that come with these cheap air guns suck.
Plastic 4x32

I think this would do better than a gammo.
Lol, ya put a vudu scope so you can see precision up to 800 yards on a pellet .22 rifle! Solid plan 🙄

Back
Top Bottom