Looking at getting an 870...

I have been looking at purchasing a pump-action shotgun, and Enjoy the Remington 870, I read that the 870MCS has a drilled receiver that accepts a weaver mount, and I was thinking of mounting a reflex sight on my shotgun. However I don't believe the MCS is available to civilians. are there other versions of the 870 that have that build in weaver mount as well? or would I have to buy the receiver off of Brownells? Conversely, would anyone recommend the Mossberg 500 over the Remington 870? Every time is search for information about the subject, I get a bunch of overly subjective views on it, almost dwindling to the point of, "It's better because I think it's cooler".
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and btw I'm considering this for both home defense, and maybe a little skeet/trap shooting.

-James

I purchased a Mossberg 500 for several "non-subjective" reasons. First, the location of the safety is more convenient, also the lever used to cycle the action on the MOssberg is in an easily accessible location (behind the trigger) and can be accessed easily, where on the remington you need your opposite hand to press the lever (can't think of this parts official name). Also, Mossbergs magazine follower isn't closed, so if any debri gets in, it can easily come out, wheras the Remingtons are closed. Mossberg 500 is cheaper, and does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom