Lone Wolf Glock barrel issues...

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey everyone,

Anyone else own a Lone Wolf replacement barrel for a Glock? I bought the compensated 4" barrel for my G17, and although installation was as simple as field stripping and reassembly with the new pipe, the gun hasn't worked right since!

Results thus far are:

1. Can't hit the broad side of a barn with the gun at almost any distance. Much beyond ten yards I'm lucky if I'm on paper (a big piece of paper at that)

2. The gun that laughed in the face of carbon build-up, lack of maintenance or any other less-than-optimal condition now jams. A lot. FTF, FTE, magazine not seating and even popping out of the magwell during a session.

I know that I can send it back to Lone Wolf, but I figured I'd get some other opinions first.

Thanks!

I have a non-compensated one in my Glock 20. I noticed no downgrade in performance vs. the stock barrel.

Mag isn’t seating? That sounds very strange for a straight barrel swap.

How old is this gun, how many rounds? The FTE/FTF's may be from the tighter barrel.

Mag seating incorrectly has nothing to do with the barrel.

The FTFs are a direct result of the LWD barrels having tighter chambers than the stock barrel. This aids with preventing kBs but the result is also that you will have a higher proportion of FTFs (which is why Glock made it so loose in the first place.)

FTEs could also be a result of this although I doubt it. Springs wear out, get yours checked.

My LWD barrel for my G22 shot as well as my stock barrel in terms of accuracy. It is natural for a new barrel to perform differently from the old.

Still doesn't address that the gun is all over the road when compared to the stock barrel. And if the FTF errors are "Par for the course" for the tighter chamber, then I say "Yucccchh" to this barrel.

I may even call shenanigans on it.

ammo

What kind of ammo are you feeding it.... i would guess factory since
the former barrel was a Glock...

Try some different ammo...

Could be that the barrel is tighter and may need better ammo.

JimB

Interesting that you bring it up. I just had to send a G23 40-9 conversion barrel back to LoneWolf because the slide on both my G23 and G27 would not cycle completely.

Back
Top Bottom