Local place for snap caps and amo?

I may be getting my 1911 this weekend so I'm looking for a local place to pic up snap caps and ammunition at a descent price. Ammo recommendations are also welcome. (Brockton area) Not sure if Wallmart carries this stuff.

Give Zero Hour Arms a call, just up the street from Brockton.

Call first as the run on ammo affects available supply (and prices).

Not certain if they carry SnapCaps, so ask them. I know that First Defense Firearms (Uxbridge) does, as I've bought them from Dennis . . . but it is a very long way from Brockton.

Dick's in Brockton (Westgate) has a sale on ammo. IIRC, $15/50 rds of .45 (Rem/UMC).

Thanks Lens do you know that ammo any good?

You're welcome!

If you are referring to Rem/UMC (green & white box) from Dick's, I've shot thousands of rounds in my guns. Never a problem with it in my S&W 1911 or any other gun.

I don't know if Wal-Mart in Brockton carries ammo, but Wal-Mart (where they do have it) generally is the best priced ammo around. Winchester White Box (WWB) is decent plinking ammo and I've probably run 3-5K of it thru my 1911. Occasionally I do see some "mal-formed" rds in a box (9mm lately), so I'm not impressed with their QC, but generally it's OK.

Personally (and others may disagree), I stay MILES AWAY from Wolf ammo in my handguns!! I use it in my AR15s and it runs OK (stinky, somewhat dirty), but it turned every handgun I tried (S&W 1911, and a few 9mm handguns) into "jam-o-matics". Sold off all the Wolf and never looked back.

I hope that helps.

That helped allot :).. I'll take a ride to Dick's sometime this week. I'll have to check out the Abington,Rainham,Brockton Wallmarts next time I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom