Local PD has AD with AR-15

I call B.S. on this one...in the military I have used my M16 as many different tools (not that this was at all smart but I digress) Point is...without pulling the trigger, it will not go off just because it is bumped...if you don't believe me try smashing the buttstock into a terrorists face....if you do it a thousand times it will never accidently discharge....[wink]

I call B.S. on this one...in the military I have used my M16 as many different tools (not that this was at all smart but I digress) Point is...without pulling the trigger, it will not go off just because it is bumped...if you don't believe me try smashing the buttstock into a terrorists face....if you do it a thousand times it will never accidently discharge....[wink]

I never said I believed the "official" story.
What I said was:
It sounds like a coverup story for mishandling of the weapon because I've seen how these are mounted. If it discharged while secured in the mount, it would have blown a hole in the passenger side "B" pillar, NOT the passenger side rear window.

And Timber agreed for the exact reason I cited.

Last edited:

Good to know. And : Thank you.

I don't think any of us doubt that this is a police version of " I dunno , It just went off .... "

Did the gunshot detection system find is location and get an officer dispatched there within 3 minutes to clean up the scene for him?

Not possible unless a round was in the chamber. Our policy is the rifle is secured in the rack ,chamner empty, magazine locked into place an weapon on safe.

Back
Top Bottom