• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Local moms band together to fight for gun controls" What a joke.

They should look to ban ugly sticks and the people who used one to beat them.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

So, let's ignore the immature remarks for a moment. Because, they don't accomplish anything. Several people have touched on something significant-something, I think, we can all get behind. Holding our own forum. Having our own experts. Inviting mda, Rosenthal, etc-and politicians. Our own listening tour. Invite the media. Except, WE control it. We have 5 panelists-only one an anti. Let them decline. Let them refuse to go. Let them simply not show up. In essence, if they want a real dialogue, we can offer it. If they decline, well then, clearly their talk of having a reasonable discussion is a farce. For, if they were truly interested, they would show. I think GOAL should do something like this. Put them out there, or not. Force a real conversation with them, not a panel stacked in their favor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Kudos to you for making a constructive comment, but your idea is more than a bit idealistic. A significant part of what guarantees the MDA good PR at its events is a fawning media. The media is already wholeheartedly sympathetic to MDA's cause and almost unapologetically willing to promote its agenda. Another is MDA's willingness to play the victim at the first sign of opposition and do it with ease. Yet another significant part of MDA's PR success is women are inherently non-threatening on video, almost immediately garnering sympathy for causes.

As (mostly) men we (meaning _you_ because I live in NH) are already at a disadvantage on all three of those points before the first guy gets in his car to drive to the event, no matter how much you think you control it. Your event would be better served by being staffed entirely by or at least led by women who have children. (Note it's "Moms" rather than Women--the former eliciting more sympathy. Also note "Moms" and not Mothers. Someone was thinking ahead.)

More feel good fodder from Mass Libtards who are too lazy and ignorant to concern themselves with the truth or even "common sense." As someone who grew up on the North Shore, these "women" are nothing more than hollow barrels that have no clue of the real world as they are mostly rich and lived tucked away in some uber wealthly neighborhood. They will probably arrange their feel good meetings around their massage therapy and racket ball lessons. Unfortunately, they have too much time and money on their hands….go make a sammich or something and leave our rights alone!

Kudos to you for making a constructive comment, but your idea is more than a bit idealistic. A significant part of what guarantees the MDA good PR at its events is a fawning media. The media is already wholeheartedly sympathetic to MDA's cause and almost unapologetically willing to promote its agenda. Another is MDA's willingness to play the victim at the first sign of opposition and do it with ease. Yet another significant part of MDA's PR success is women are inherently non-threatening on video, almost immediately garnering sympathy for causes.

As (mostly) men we (meaning _you_ because I live in NH) are already at a disadvantage on all three of those points before the first guy gets in his car to drive to the event, no matter how much you think you control it. Your event would be better served by being staffed entirely by or at least led by women who have children. (Note it's "Moms" rather than Women--the former eliciting more sympathy. Also note "Moms" and not Mothers. Someone was thinking ahead.)

You are absolutely right!!! Nothing will pull at the heart strings like a mom and child…or a mom that is protecting her child.

I'll agree to give up my guns when these vile clams agree to never leave their homes again unless they are wearing a paper bag over their heads.

Allright, since I got the ball rolling on a theme of this thread, allow me to clarify a couple of points.

Ahem.

First, I grew up in Beverly in one of the working-class neighborhoods, not the "Gold Coast" side of town, and Wenham is definitely a muckity town. It is only eclipsed by Hamilton on the muckity index. I have nothing against people who are rich, and would like to be able to get my family into a higher tax bracket, especially to have the monetary resources to help the less fortunate even more than I already do, and increase my funding of the ongoing fight for our freedoms. But I do have a problem with old liberal money and new liberal money that can't keep its nose out of other people's business.

And as far as the esthetic qualities of these women are concerned, an old friend once gave me a great piece af advice. "Only an idiot can't find something pretty about any woman." And he is right. Every woman has something about them that is pretty, whether it be her eyes, complexion, hair, smile, or whatever. So yes, even though the three Wenhamites in question will never grace the cover of a magazine, I bet I can find at least one attractive physical feature on each of them. But what makes them truly ugly is their abject stupidity and lack of respect for the inherent God-given rights of others. They feel sad and scared and they feel entitled to tell me how I can live, instead of realizing that the only way to stop school shootings is to let the staff carry. So yes, to me they are ugly, but ugly on the inside, and if anyone finds that offensive then maybe the offended party needs to look inward and figure out why instead of thinking that we are just making stupid jokes about their looks.

/rant.

Meh, they're still ugly. And I say that as someone who has a bar that is probably lower than most.

They may have been decent looking at one time, but having a pole jammed up their backside since adolescence probably doesn't help.

Last edited:
I still can't understand all the vile comments about how they look, it just makes us look like ignorant hillbillies. The worst thing you can do is make personal attacks on how they look. Confront them with facts, don't make fun of them because they weren't born with Rock Hudson good looks like yourselves. Not everyone hits the lottery in the gene pool.

I think they are lonely, bored and looking for attention. To grab a headline that has never affected them to the point that it never even came up in thought is useless. I can understand how victims can join these but better yet why no resolve to better protect themselves. Most of these women probably have trouble with their husband coming home late on a Friday hammered and beating the snot out of them than they do with a gun problem, that should be put on the agenda first.

The MADD comparison is a bad one as I remember a few of those being arrested for the same thing they were against.

As far as the looks, is their a members thread on what you look like I'll bet there are a couple scary one's here as well.

I think they are lonely, bored and looking for attention.

These are women that probably watch way too much television, brainwashed to hell and back. Many of them are dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to anything approaching common sense. They only believe what the "famous people in the big box" tell them about.

The MADD comparison is a bad one as I remember a few of those being arrested for the same thing they were against.

I don't know about MADD, but there are numerous convicted felons in the anti gun hierarchy, most of them aren't at the "useful idiot" level like these women probaby are, but a statistically significant number of the "movers" have criminal records.

-Mike

You are absolutely right!!! Nothing will pull at the heart strings like a mom and child…or a mom that is protecting her child.

Yet, somehow, droves of non-stupid women, many of which are probably mothers, too, went to NH gun shops in droves to arm themselves after Kimberly Cates was murdered and her daughter almost was. The dealers I spoke to up there in the wake of that incident told me that they've never seen that many women come in to buy guns in any one distinct span of time, ever.

-Mike

I think they are lonely, bored and looking for attention. To grab a headline that has never affected them to the point that it never even came up in thought is useless. I can understand how victims can join these but better yet why no resolve to better protect themselves. Most of these women probably have trouble with their husband coming home late on a Friday hammered and beating the snot out of them than they do with a gun problem, that should be put on the agenda first.

As far as the looks, is their a members thread on what you look like I'll bet there are a couple scary one's here as well.

I wholeheartedly agree with the bored part.
I deal with alot of them and bored to the point of insanity describes it well.
They have the nanny, the housekeeper , the gardner and the pool guy.
The husband is never around and the nanny is raising the kids.
Most of them don't even have a strong belief in the cause of the week they're supporting, but one more day of soap operas on tv and they're going to jump off a cliff.
Many of them are also bitter because life didn't turn out like the fairy tale they thought it would.
Trying to reason with them is like trying to teach a pig to sing.
It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.

Yet, somehow, droves of non-stupid women, many of which are probably mothers, too, went to NH gun shops in droves to arm themselves after Kimberly Cates was murdered and her daughter almost was. The dealers I spoke to up there in the wake of that incident told me that they've never seen that many women come in to buy guns in any one distinct span of time, ever.

-Mike

Good for them!!

-Mike

^ This
Yeah! They were smart! We need to get more of these wonderful women to our events!

I still can't understand all the vile comments about how they look, it just makes us look like ignorant hillbillies. The worst thing you can do is make personal attacks on how they look. Confront them with facts, don't make fun of them because they weren't born with Rock Hudson good looks like yourselves. Not everyone hits the lottery in the gene pool.

Have you tried to engage with these "women"? They have ZERO interest in facts, heck they don't know a thing about the gun laws or guns. I've chatted some of them and they are CLUELESS. They operate on emotion and an attitude of 'we need to do something'. They can't even tell you the difference between a revolver and a pistol. They are the epitome of useful idiots. They get their emails from MDA, Brady, etc. and twitter messages from Shannon watts, etc. and they just parrot the talking points. And we know how full of sh!t those groups are with their lies. But these morons just run with them.

There are some anti's whom you can engage and maybe flip. These rubes are not them though, they are zombies who've drunk the koolaid. It's a Jonestown like cult of idiots.

by the way, when you show them up, correct them, bury them with facts, etc. they block you from their twitter feeds, facebook, etc.

how they look shouldn't be the focus... hell, I went to the Marlboro show yesterday... it made Walmart look like a supermodel convention...

that said, you are not going to convince, persuade, or otherwise change the opinions using any amount of facts or logic... women are ruled by emotion...

I ran into a Mothers group down the Cape at the Gun Hearings last summer. Their talking points were almost word for word from the Brady Bunch.

BTW, How do they get to use the Library?

I ran into a Mothers group down the Cape at the Gun Hearings last summer. Their talking points were almost word for word from the Brady Bunch.

BTW, How do they get to use the Library?

I believe my library is free, you just sign up in advance for a certain room. There are a number of groups who have meetings there.

Back
Top Bottom