Loaning rifle to an FID holder

Just curious (because I have a feeling I'm going to be asked at some point). I own several firearms. I have a Class A LTC ALP. If an FID holder asks to borrow one of my rifles to shoot, and brings a non-FID (or any other type of card) holder with him to shoot as well, can I do that? Should I? My feelings are no, unless I'm going as well and the rifles are under my supervision (as they are registered to me). Your thoughts?

Thanks!

As long as you trust them with your life, you're good to go.

I'd only loan out a low capacity long arm to a FID holder I know who is licensed and trust like a brother if they were going to take it somewhere.

Well, assuming the firearm is one that would be legal for an FID card holder to have, I would say it depends.

If they did something wrong or even just stupid, it is very likely to come back at you.

That said, there are a couple of frinds I have known for years and would trust. All of them have more than an FID though.

Yeah, I'm pretty much with everybody else. Who has an FID card or whatever doesn't really matter to me (as long as it's all legal, obviously). What matters is that I trust the person I'm loaning my gun too. There are only a very few people I'd trust to borrow my gun while I'm not there (like, say, my father) and for those people, I wouldn't even need ask what they want to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom