"Loaning" a pistol in NH

In PA, the law is very clear that you can lend a handgun to a relative, or to another person who has a License to Carry Firearms. All other transfers of handguns, except between defined family members, must go through an FFL.

Now lets pretend (totally made up scenario, it would never happen of course) that a person, with a non-resident NH Pistol Permit, came to NH (or even a License recognized via reciprocity by NH) . Lets say that the person didn't want the hassle of worrying about transiting Anti2A states with arms before reaching Freedom in NH.

Could a NH resident lend that person a handgun while they are here?

I didn't see anything in the revised statutes, so I am unable to see a legal issue with this theoretical thought experiment, however, is the out-of-state residence an issue? Am I missing something?

/wingnut

As long as the person isn't a prohibited person, and you trust the person there's nothing I can see wrong with it. If you don't know the person I don't think you'd loan it to them. And if you know them, you are still within legal of 'sale of a firearm.

I personally only one one or two people I trust enough to loan them something...and they have a lot more than I have...so it would probably be the other way around..lol

http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/2005/p53004/p53004.pdf

By Federal law, you can.

§ 922 Unlawful acts.

(a) It shall be unlawful

(5) for any person (other than a licensed
importer, licensed manufacturer,
licensed dealer, or licensed collector)
to transfer, sell, trade, give,
transport, or deliver any firearm to any
person
(other than a licensed importer,
licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer,