Live Ammo Found In Bonfire Logs

It was a prop from a Christmas play.

Apparently the the prop master is hard of hearing and thought the director asked for "A Cartridge in a Pear Tree". He was just trying to dispose of the mistake.

That's a pretty small stick, I'm surprised the girls even saw it! 20cm is not big. That pic is almost actual size! I think those rounds are 7.62

They're not all going to go off at the same time and If the log is buried in a pile of logs the chances of the round coming out in the direction of the crowd would be slim.

It would suck to be in the area but I doubt anyone would be hurt and i would hope most people would leave after the first round went off.

I don't think they're 50bmg but close to it. How the **** did they get them in? Pilot hole and shove it through? What a couple of sick ****s...

Don't you wish they tried hammering them in and the headline was "*******s blow off hands hammering live ammo into tree branch"?

They've already done this on Mythbusters. They burned the ammo and the ammo went pop but with no chamber to direct the pressure nothing happened other than pop pop

Although it's stuck in the log there is still no way to direct that pressure

Looks like some sort of medieval torture device... or stick a handle on it and make a melee weapon for taking out zombies or invading Mongols.

I've thrown live ammo into a fire a few times. If you're lucky you'll get a small pop out of it, sometimes you don't even hear them go off as the sound of fire overpowers the sound of any possible pop. They are no more a threat than a stupid firecracker.....however, should you find a piece of pipe that will fit the bullet and toss those in the fire with one end in the dirt, then you have yourself a more entertaining time. (Think mortar)

I've thrown live ammo into a fire a few times. If you're lucky you'll get a small pop out of it, sometimes you don't even hear them go off as the sound of fire overpowers the sound of any possible pop. They are no more a threat than a stupid firecracker.....however, should you find a piece of pipe that will fit the bullet and toss those in the fire with one end in the dirt, then you have yourself a more entertaining time. (Think mortar)

Not always the case.......once in a while you just may hear...."bang----ting".....won't say how I know this....but there may or may not have been others to confirm. [laugh]

Don't you wish they tried hammering them in and the headline was "*******s blow off hands hammering live ammo into tree branch"?

Ironically, I spent 20 minutes this morning trying to convince another NES'er to help perform a Mythbusters style test. I'd drill the holes and he'd hammer them in. Did not fall for it, though.

Back
Top Bottom