Linsky files new egregious "soundbite legislation"

Mike S

NES Member
Rep. David Linsky who is no friend to freedom, or choice, for those who care about exercising their Second Amendment rights is at it again.

This time he's filed H.3081 "An Act establishing extreme risk protective orders"

GOAL Exec. Director Jim Wallace is calling it the "Second Amendment Revocation Order" or SARO.

The legislation is clearly "soundbite legislation" designed to vilify gun owners and give him talking points to sound like he's "doing something". If you want more on that, check out GOAL's latest podcast where it's discussed in detail.

Add this one to the list of bills that need to wilt in committee.

How is it even legal to file legislation like this? There is no due process and the supposed verification of the threat posed by a person is written so that one of these orders could be issued against just about anyone. Here's some text from the bill:

“Family or household member”, a person who:

(a) is or was married to the respondent;

I bolded the really scary text. Let me paint a picture for you gentlemen......you're heading home from work and your cell phone rings. You see that it's your ex-wife and pick up.

Ex-wife: "I know that you aren't supposed to have them until this weekend, but I need you to take the kids tonight...before 7:00."

Overworked sap: "Geez....it's 5:30 right now and my sister is visiting. Traffic is terrible. I swear if I get cut off one more time I'm going to just ram whoever it is with my car and put us both out of our misery. I really can't do it tonight. Maybe I can take them Thursday-Sunday instead this week."

Ex-wife: "I need you to do this!!! I'm seeing someone important and he wants me to come over tonight! You have to take the kids!"

Overworked sap: "I'm sorry about that. I'm glad you're seeing someone and that it's going well, but I can't take the kids at the last minute like this anymore."

Ex-wife: "You're going to pay, jackass!"

Cut to the ex-wife on the phone with her cousin, the local police officer.

Ex-wife: "I just talked to overworked sap and I think he's going to do something scary. You know he has a temper and owns guns. I just talked to him on the phone and he was saying he was going to ram someone with his car and kill them both."

Cousin/police officer: "oh, really??!!?? Come down to the station. There is some paperwork that you can fill out that will help keep you safe from him."

If you think that stuff like the above would never happen, you better think again. This would absolutely be used by people to exact revenge on others and make their lives suck. The criteria that is used to decide if someone is a hazard to others is nuts.
The court shall consider....the recent acquisition of firearms, ammunition, or other deadly weapons.
Buy a couple of boxes of ammo and a new butcher knife the last time you went to Walmart to stock up on Shredded Wheat? Congratulations, you're officially a danger to others. [puke2][puke]

There it is, if you Healthcare provider knows you have guns in the house the are abliged to tell the court if they suspect abuse. My wife and daughters were told to say no guns at all in our house!

Does this vilify gun owners and have the potential to remove some guns from the "streets"? If yes then by all means proceed...

Back
Top Bottom