Lever Action What Caliber

All of the barrels say that. (north haven CT) If it is a true Marlin, it will also have a JM proof stamp on the left side of the barrel up next to the receiver. Also, if it is a Remington made rifle, it will have an MR at the beginning of the serial number on the side of the receiver, and a REP stamp on the right side of the barrel next to the receiver. I think I got everything right, if not, one of the ole salts will step in and correct me.

Even though the plant was moved to Illion NY , BATFE gavae Remington permision to continue using the North Haven roll marked barrels. As others have said the REP proofmark and the MR serial numbers are all REMLINS. 2009 made Marlins with the JM proof marks wwere all made in North Haven by the original Marlin employees. I have 3 of those 91xxxxx serial number rifles and they are all perfect and true Malins. The LASER ETCHING was started by Remington mid year but those Marlins again were still made by the original Marlin employees. TOMRAY has verified this fact in more than one occasion.

GB45

336 Manufactured in New Haven CT

- - - Updated - - -

That should answer some questions about your rifle.

I have a Marlin 336c in .35 Rem.. Stoned a Russian Boar at 85 yards. In at the collarbone..out behind the ribs. The hog went down and kicked maybe twice!

cant help you there,but keep in mind that its not a pre64 gun.

I am researching and the difference is between cast and forged parts between the two. I go look at it today and will make the final decision but at the price and the condition I think I am doing okay

Anyone have a .44 lever action? I'm looking at the Marlin first but the Rossi is a bit more affordable. Ideally, I'd rather buy a receiver and barrel package and add my own furniture.

Anyone have a .44 lever action? I'm looking at the Marlin first but the Rossi is a bit more affordable. Ideally, I'd rather buy a receiver and barrel package and add my own furniture.

I wanted a .44 after feeling the actions I would go with a Marlin but in reality I think I will be saving for a henry big bore. the actions were like butter

Back
Top Bottom