• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Leupold CDS

peterk123

NES Member
I gotta say. This is pretty slick. This is for my wife's vx3. 100 yard zero. Shooting 300? Dial it to 3. 325? Dial to 3.25. We plan to test it soon and see how close it is. I relied on the ballistics from the manufacturer this time but our birthday present to each other in January will be one of those new garmins. That should allow us to really dial in the scope. If it differs much from this one then we will get another one. I have an old chrono as well, but I hate setting that thing up.

20231130_151602.jpg 20231130_151551.jpg

interesting stuff, as in whole industry there is a total stagnation on the turrets design.
this is a cool idea, and the only alternative is the swarovski z5 turret system:
1701390104300.png

what i do not get from leupold cds - is there any way to setup it for different grain weight bullets? or is it 'hardwired' for one and one only load for this gun?

interesting stuff, as in whole industry there is a total stagnation on the turrets design.
this is a cool idea, and the only alternative is the swarovski z5 turret system:
View attachment 822529

what i do not get from leupold cds - is there any way to setup it for different grain weight bullets? or is it 'hardwired' for one and one only load for this gun?
A few companies are offering custom turrets, but most of their websites s*ck a** to try to figure out which scope they offer it for.

I think Tract offers them for a few.

Meopta, I believe they also offer them. But Meopta wins gold when it comes to sh*t websites and scope descriptions. I have to get all my info from other websites. Good luck figuring out if a scope offers something as simple as locking turrets.

A few companies are offering custom turrets, but most of their websites s*ck a** to try to figure out which scope they offer it for.

I think Tract offers them for a few.

Meopta, I believe they also offer them. But Meopta wins gold when it comes to sh*t websites and scope descriptions. I have to get all my info from other websites. Good luck figuring out if a scope offers something as simple as locking turrets.
Yup. Great glass. Horrible website

View attachment 822529

Its hardwired. 70 bucks for a new one. But man, if you can get get dialed in, no pun intended, it's slick. All you need is a dope card for wind!

Back
Top Bottom