Leupold launches DeltaPoint Micro

JRT

NES Member
I like everything about this optic but the aesthetic, I don’t like how it hangs off the back of the slide. On the plus side, it’s incredibly small, it’s sealed so it eliminates environmental issues that shut down the RMR and it works with most holsters. What are your thoughts? I ordered one for my Glock 19, I update the thread after I use it a bit.

I like everything about this optic but the aesthetic, I don’t like how it hangs off the back of the slide. On the plus side, it’s incredibly small, it’s sealed so it eliminates environmental issues that shut down the RMR and it works with most holsters. What are your thoughts? I ordered one for my Glock 19, I update the thread after I use it a bit.

and how am i supposed to take the glock apart without taking that thing off?

True, but how often are you disassembling a slide? When changing out parts or after several dozen thousand rounds?

I’m not sure I can get over the extra length out back though. Maybe if it extended half as far as it does and the battery laid vertically instead of horizontally.

True, but how often are you disassembling a slide? When changing out parts or after several dozen thousand rounds?

I’m not sure I can get over the extra length out back though. Maybe if it extended half as far as it does and the battery laid vertically instead of horizontally.
i usually clean safety and ejector every 500 rounds. may it is too often - i know - but - it is every 5 range visits.
i shoot dirty tula and ejector gets clogged very quick.

also - it seems it only sits there on the tension of 2 small bolts - the dovetail adapter went in without any tension on the demo video. dunno. i would love to see it first in the store.
it is probably not the end of the world to re-zero it, but, i do not like the idea of tensioning and unbolting it so often.

Interesting idea, but I really don’t like how it is hanging off the back of the slide like that. Looks goofy and also looks like it would be a major snag / printing issue?

i usually clean safety and ejector every 500 rounds. may it is too often - i know - but - it is every 5 range visits.
i shoot dirty tula and ejector gets clogged very quick.

also - it seems it only sits there on the tension of 2 small bolts - the dovetail adapter went in without any tension on the demo video. dunno. i would love to see it first in the store.
it is probably not the end of the world to re-zero it, but, i do not like the idea of tensioning and unbolting it so often.
Oof. That is a lot of cleaning, but yeah this optic definitely isn’t for you then.

Good point about the attachment mechanism. I’d be very curious about how it handles impacts.

also, it really reminds me sig sas design with this micro smallish window and small dot in it - i think it is usable, but, the whole point of the RDS for me is to have a HUGE window to see through - DPP or SRO.
this one is looking so small...

Last edited:
I think this would be awesome on my summer carry G26 and probably my rest of the year G19. I don't clean my guns so idgaf about the back plate.

NV capable?

Oof. That is a lot of cleaning, but yeah this optic definitely isn’t for you then.
when i will get enough cheap brass there will be no need to clean so much. wolf and tula is really something else, i had an ejector clogged on it after 700 rounds once, so, now clean every 500 and had no failures since. but, i soon will be out of $0.25pr and $0.30pr rounds, and will need to slow down. :)

Interested to hear your thoughts after you get it in. Even with their mil discount, I’m going to hold off until I hear some reviews.

But I do have a gun that will need some new iron sights. I’ll wait to replace them until I decide on this.

Did you watch the video? You unscrew the battery holder that hangs down and you take the slide off like normal. You don't touch the adjustment of it at all. Reassemble the gun and screw battery back on.

Did you watch the video? You unscrew the battery holder that hangs down and you take the slide off like normal. You don't touch the adjustment of it at all. Reassemble the gun and screw battery back on.
He takes his slide apart during normal cleaning. Not just field stripping.

Yeah ill wait til the gen 2 but I'm intrigued i hate rds's on handguns because I feel like I'm changing everything

I don't get it, how many of you actually practice drawing from concealment? Do you understand that most encounters will be less than 21ft and you will mostly likely be point shooting. If you want it for a comp gun sure I guess. While you're bumblef***ing around trying to clear your jacket I'll have already put 2 rounds center mass.

Yeah ill wait til the gen 2 but I'm intrigued i hate rds's on handguns because I feel like I'm changing everything
i actually like the idea of an approach to that design as glock`s MOS concept of mounts is, well, pretty far from an ideal.
here you can put an rds on a regular slide, which is nice, i only really do not get why they could not find a better decision of how not to do that whole behind hanging part.
but, again, if it is an EDC gun that is never shot that much, it may be quite a neat thing to have. who knows.

Last edited:
Lmao. Ok boomer. Do you really get to determine the distance of your engagement? 100% of the time? I can point shoot with or without a red dot, and you're high if you think I cant get my gun out (rmr, Leopold, or whatever is hanging off it) under a second.

Derp.

I don't get it, how many of you actually practice drawing from concealment? Do you understand that most encounters will be less than 21ft and you will mostly likely be point shooting. If you want it for a comp gun sure I guess. While you're bumblef***ing around trying to clear your jacket I'll have already put 2 rounds center mass.

I shoot a lot of steel challenge, there is one stage with a target that is human torso size (18" x 10" I think) and is pretty close. I always shoot that one without aiming as I am drawing. But, by the time I am ready to hit the target again, I am already looking at my sights. I would imagine, if the target was a person, it would be very similar.

So, having good optics can be useful in a self defense situation.

Also, not every situation is cut and dry 2 seconds and done. Look at cop videos. You have a f*cked up dude slowly walking at you with a knife, threatening you. That is when you draw your gun and aim, hope he goes away and if he doesn't shoot.

So, to simplify and say that most defense situation doesn't need a sight is pretty short sighted. Now, go practice more and stop telling others what they need.

I love how tiny the sight is.

I dont like the thing hanging in the back. That is the only reason I wouldn't CCW. I am a big believer of having as few things as possible sticking out if the gun.
again, to same point, it is not a sight aimed at the competition or range toys - if it is for a CCW, then, why not. form factor is not that bad.
but, it will not go into my orpaz t40 holster this way.

"Acts like a ghost ring sight if the battery dies. Put the front-sight in the bottom 1/3 of the window and use the two milled holes on the back to align with the front sight."

I'm confused by this.

I see the rear marks for the rear sights, and of course the front post is still there, but the red dot dosn't seem to be co-witnessed and thats verified by the above. So, the POI is all f***ed up?

"Acts like a ghost ring sight if the battery dies. Put the front-sight in the bottom 1/3 of the window and use the two milled holes on the back to align with the front sight."

I'm confused by this.

I see the rear marks for the rear sights, and of course the front post is still there, but the red dot dosn't seem to be co-witnessed and thats verified by the above. So, the POI is all f***ed up?
i could not understand it either from the videos - i guess we need to wait for good youtube reviews to appear. should not take very long.

I'm confused by this.

They said lower 1/3, so I’m guessing the sight picture would look like this, with the front sight being the blue bit:
7B6DA6E1-3F12-4B62-AF36-86DA5FF6CD79.jpeg

I'm confused by this.

It is not co-witness. The dot is above the FSP in normal use.

Back
Top Bottom