Leupold launches DeltaPoint Micro

Just saw the MSRP. Ouch, over $500. I'll just stick to fiber optic or tritium sights, thank you.

I’m not even sure how to respond to there being a 40yr old Pvt. lol
51XorXwN5wL._AC_.jpg

(But isn't the usual story someone that keeps getting all the way to
Command Sergeant Major based on merit,
and then busted back down to Private based on rambunctious?)

51XorXwN5wL._AC_.jpg

(But isn't the usual story someone that keeps getting all the way to
Command Sergeant Major based on merit,
and then busted back down to Private based on rambunctious?)
There’s always plenty of Article 15 to go around, back then, right now and in the future, service-members will always be cut from the same cloth, God bless em all. Nothing scarier in the world though than a pissed off CSM.

.40 Glock?

Thats enough for me to hate this sight. 1 star review. POS sight.

1609835934077.png

I saw that yesterday and I think the sight will primarily appeal to people who are new to pistol-mounted red dots. I have concerns about how durable and reliable it would be in more adverse conditions; in other words, how secure is the rear sight dovetail mount?

Would I buy one? No, but that's because I wouldn't buy any Leupold product. I am curious about how this goes, though.

I saw that yesterday and I think the sight will primarily appeal to people who are new to pistol-mounted red dots. I have concerns about how durable and reliable it would be in more adverse conditions; in other words, how secure is the rear sight dovetail mount?

Would I buy one? No, but that's because I wouldn't buy any Leupold product. I am curious about how this goes, though.
I have something going on in my eyes (astigmatism?) such that red dots are red clouds for me. It seems to be worse in tube-type products. One of these days, I'll reach out to @Idoktr for my first eye exam in 20 years, and see what options I have. Until then, it's traditional sighting systems for me. Still, didn't stop me from buying a few of those $6 Pintys...

That said, if for no other reason than that they're trying something new, I hope they see some success. If works well, maybe others will follow their lead, or feel free to try some other weird new thing.

I have something going on in my eyes (astigmatism?) such that red dots are red clouds for me. It seems to be worse in tube-type products. One of these days, I'll reach out to @Idoktr for my first eye exam in 20 years, and see what options I have. Until then, it's traditional sighting systems for me. Still, didn't stop me from buying a few of those $6 Pintys...

That said, if for no other reason than that they're trying something new, I hope they see some success. If works well, maybe others will follow their lead, or feel free to try some other weird new thing.

I mean this isn't that new of a concept though; ever seen the Docter/Noblex pistol sights? Those are small little pistol red dots as well.

1620919512060.png

And with that particular Noblex, the battery is somewhat integral (yet accessible) to the sight, but isn't overhanging behind the slide. The Noblex also uses CR2032 batteries, which is basically the industry standard, and doesn't use the rear sight dovetail for mounting.

I mean this isn't that new of a concept though; ever seen the Docter/Noblex pistol sights? Those are small little pistol red dots as well.

View attachment 482282

And with that particular Noblex, the battery is somewhat integral (yet accessible) to the sight, but isn't overhanging behind the slide. The Noblex also uses CR2032 batteries, which is basically the industry standard, and doesn't use the rear sight dovetail for mounting.
Haven't been looking, so that's a new one for me. Definitely more interesting.

View attachment 482282

I had an old Docter on my ACOG back in 2007. Worked well enough, but this small Noblex does not seem anywhere near as durable as the Delta Point Micro.

I see the main appeal of the DPM to be those with standard non-MOS slides or people with Gen 3 slides without an RMR cut. I wouldn’t get one without a mil/LE discount though. MSRP is just a little too high for what you get.

Last edited:
I have something going on in my eyes (astigmatism?) such that red dots are red clouds for me. It seems to be worse in tube-type products. One of these days, I'll reach out to @Idoktr for my first eye exam in 20 years, and see what options I have. ...
Good luck with your eye health.

I will note that my craptastic CVS end-cap impulse-buy cheater reading glasses
make red dots fuzzy - yet using uncorrected vision red dots are just fine.

(And since I'm far-sighted enough that a red dot or iron sights (and the target)
are in focus without corrective lenses,
it's just more incentive for me to deliberately switch from reading glasses to protective glasses
when it's time to pull the bang switch).

Good luck with your eye health.

I will note that my craptastic CVS end-cap impulse-buy cheater reading glasses
make red dots fuzzy - yet using uncorrected vision red dots are just fine.

(And since I'm far-sighted enough that a red dot or iron sights (and the target)
are in focus without corrective lenses,
it's just more incentive for me to deliberately switch from reading glasses to protective glasses
when it's time to pull the bang switch).
Thanks. Fortunately, that's the only real symptom I have, I'm otherwise pretty zombie-resistant

... my craptastic CVS end-cap impulse-buy cheater reading glasses ...
Thanks. Fortunately, that's the only real symptom I have, I'm otherwise pretty zombie-resistant
De nada. Don't want to troll someone else into neglecting their vision,
jus' sayin' that my red dot issue has this One Weird Workaround.
And coincidentally, about those glasses of mine...
...to wit.

Back
Top Bottom