Letter to my Legislators

I am a resident of Rehoboth, MA and would like to voice my concern regarding Governor Deval Patrick's new proposal, "Act To Strengthen and Enhance Firearms Laws in the Commonwealth"

I find that his proposal lacks common sense in several of its points.

1. Limiting one gun sale per month.

- This would do nothing to thwart a would-be criminal. They would have to wait one month and one day to purchase two firearms. It's difficult to use more than two at once.

- This punishes every law-abiding gun owner who enjoys collecting and working with firearms.

2. Limiting the magazines to SEVEN rounds.

- The ONLY persons that are effected by this addition to the existing law are the good law-abiding people of the Commonwealth.

- Would-be criminals in possession of pre-ban high capacity magazines are going to load them to the max, they will not comply.

3. Reduces access to high-powered rounds of ammunition

- What are high-powered rounds of ammunition? All ammunition has a substantial amount of potential energy.

- Ammunition is needed for licensed firearm owners to practice their training and shooting skills. Wouldn't it be somewhat irresponsible to have untrained gun owners.

Please consider this as the voice of many concerned citizens.

Thank You,

I know I didn't even begin to address all the problems but geez gotta start somewhere.
Will be calling tomorrow, hopefully phones are off the hook.

Representative Steven Howitt Responds.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns. You make very good points and I agree with you.

Best wishes,

Steven Howitt

Back
Top Bottom