Let's see pics of your Soviet/Russian/Warsaw Pact Weapons

I've noticied that there's a decent following of Russian design weapons here, so I think it's time to do this.

Now here's a pic that shows what my RomAK 3 (PSL) looks like:

romak3early.jpg

T0_-1_513856.JPG

My Mosin-Nagant 91/30.

I've also got a Russian Makarov in .380 ACP, but I don't have any pics handy. I will have to remedy that...

WOW! She's got my initial tattooed between her breasts.

I think it's a sign! [twisted] [twisted]

Here's my AK/Romainian WASR-10
Pics were in another thread but since we've consolidated...
Before

wasra.jpg

After

ak.jpg

Yup, I'm going to have to get the camera busy, since I didn't have any actual pics of mine, just examples that look close.

I also have a Chinese SKS (Det mag, pre-ban) and a Nagant Revolver.

Well, Tank, you might want to post to this, even if you can't submit pics.

Ok Here's mine..

Please don't kill me... YES that is a 1917 Remington Hex receiver that has been chopped down and the barrel has been nickle plated... It was handed down from my father who got it a LONG time ago.. Still a great gun to shoot, and as you can imagine kicks like a F**CKING mule with all the weight removed!

And of course my SAR-1 (Thanks Type-O)

RussianRifles002.jpg

Adam_MA said:
Ok Here's mine..

Please don't kill me... YES that is a 1917 Remington Hex receiver that has been chopped down and the barrel has been nickle plated... It was handed down from my father who got it a LONG time ago.. Still a great gun to shoot, and as you can imagine kicks like a F**CKING mule with all the weight removed!

And of course my SAR-1 (Thanks Type-O)
Even Bubba'ed guns need love too!

Here's my Makarov:

Makarov.jpg

Bought this little gem over 10 years ago. Cost me the princely sum of $150, new, for an 8+1 capacity .380 ACP (not the 9X18mm Makarov) pistol for concealed carry.

I have a Hungarian Mosin Nagant M44

and I really NEED an AK-47, and a CZ 52.

What is it about Commie-made guns?

I got a soft spot for them, and I have no idea why.

Maybe it's that whole "Ugly Duckling" thing.

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

PS: My good friend is applying for his LTC because of my Mosin. He was a bit nervous when he saw the 3' muzzleflash. But once I told him it was sink-or-swim time, he burned up the rest of my ammo, and keeps asking to go back out 8)

This might be a good place to spawn a new thread. On the appropriate forum of course. Anyway, I'd like it if someone would post a primer on collecting these weapons, especially the various Mosins and SKS. The Mosins are supposed to be good shooters, cheap, and with cheap ammo. Same for the SKS, although some people don't think much of their accuracy. Other than that, I don't know much about shooting or collecting these weapon.

Gary

I love my Mosin! It shoots like a charm. Also they're easy to get ahold of and super inexpensive to buy, and inexpensive to shoot.

Same with the SKS, but I haven't shot many of them, so I can't really talk about thier accuracy. I'd say they'd group better than an AK-47, just because it's the same round from a longer barrell.

Personally I'd say if you have a FID or better (or live in a free state) I wouldn't think twice.....go get a Mosin! You won't regret it.

And tell me if that "Ugly Duckling Charm" hits you too! (Or maybe is it ugly-dog carm like the late, great Sam!)

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

ugly duckling....NO

I am NOT a fan of the AK-47 rifle family, though I do really like the inherant reliability of them.

However I am a huge fan of the Mosin-Nagant rifles.
At this point I own four of them and will continue to build my collection as time and money allows.
Two of them are dime a dozen surplus and thus got "sporterized". They are the BEST hunting rifles I have ever used. The other two are a '43' M44 Ishevisk and a '24' M91 Tula.

I will also have to see if I can find the picure of me firing a real russian SVD while having a "fun" day playing outside the wire with the Ukranian soldiers in Iraq.

Just met another Mosin lover at Dicks while asking for some 7.62X54R. He said a great thing about Mosins

"You either LOVE Mosin-Nagant Rifles, or you've never heard of them" 8)

I've never met somebody who had one (or many) who didn't love them.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I've found that Rusian design guns are very rugged, 100% RELIABLE and WORK.

Yeah, Tank, I like my AK's, both the regular one and the "Super Sized" one, but I' also like the Mosin Nagants and the funky little Nagant Revolver.

Back
Top Bottom