• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legality of purchasing a ar-15 lower receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only someone didn't do a news interview to expose the laws as being bs and blow it for everyone.
Sigh

I firmly believe that the aforementioned shop and interview was done with good intention. I, as we all probably have, have spoken nearly word for word what was pointed out in that video. When we talk about it its to poit out the ridiculous nature of that laws as they are. Hell we still mock the killy features list today.

The enemy is in the state house, not in a great local shop

Serious but stupid question
Prior to 7/20 what was required for a face to face lower sale. Was it just a bill of sale.

Serious but stupid question
Prior to 7/20 what was required for a face to face lower sale. Was it just a bill of sale.

Technically I'd don't even think that was Required. But that's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean i didn't ask if it was ok to buy a rifle i asked if it was ok to buy a lower.
Just making the point the AG probably sees no difference. BUT, according to the Law, a never assembled lower needs no EFA-10.........
As best as I can tell (IANAL), the requirement to eFA-10 transfer of a stripped lower spewed forth somehow out of Maura's unilateral decree, not out of actual Massachusetts law. Prior to Maura's madness, if an individual wanted to sell a stripped lower F-T-F in MA to another license holder, he or she would be perfectly legal doing so without filing an eFA-10. In fact, as I understand it, it would have been wrong to file an eFA-10 on a virgin stripped lower.

I get that a lot of folks filed eFA-10's for the sole purpose of documenting possession on or before 7/20... and apparently the MA FRB accepted them. But if you didn't do that, can you now sell your "unregistered" stripped lower to another M******* license holder without doing an eFA-10 just like before Maura went FR on us?

The law hasn't changed. Only Maura has happened. I still see nothing in law that says a virgin stripped lower, if transferred, must be eFA-10'd.

Are you a felon now for even possessing a stripped lower in Massachusetts, registered or not? Stay tuned for the next revision of Maura's madness to maybe learn the answer. [thinking]

As best as I can tell (IANAL), the requirement to eFA-10 transfer of a stripped lower spewed forth somehow out of Maura's unilateral decree, not out of actual Massachusetts law. Prior to Maura's madness, if an individual wanted to sell a stripped lower F-T-F in MA to another license holder, he or she would be perfectly legal doing so without filing an eFA-10. In fact, as I understand it, it would have been wrong to file an eFA-10 on a virgin stripped lower.

I get that a lot of folks filed eFA-10's for the sole purpose of documenting possession on or before 7/20... and apparently the MA FRB accepted them. But if you didn't do that, can you now sell your "unregistered" stripped lower to another M******* license holder without doing an eFA-10 just like before Maura went FR on us?

The law hasn't changed. Only Maura has happened. I still see nothing in law that says a virgin stripped lower, if transferred, must be eFA-10'd.

Are you a felon now for even possessing a stripped lower in Massachusetts, registered or not? Stay tuned for the next revision of Maura's madness to maybe learn the answer. [thinking]
If Hillary wins(probable) Healey will be residing in DC and only traveling to the peoples Republic for conjugal visits with her significant other. Then we and a few legislators, will have to deal with the mess she created. Nothing but a political stunt folks but all part of the plan.

Now Tommy if we were to cut said AR15 receiver in half.
Is it still considered a firearm in MA if you possess both halves and a tube a JB Weld?

What would happen if you only possessed the rear half of it and slid an upper receiver on it and chambered a round of ammunition.
Then you pulled the trigger and the round fired?
Would you go to jail for removing the serial number because the front half of the receiver has been cut off and the lower still was capable of firing ammunition?

Or say you found two halves of an AR-15 receiver in the trash. Would you have to FA-10 it in pieces or only if you glued it together?

Also lets say you took an Daniel Defense AR-15 upper receiver with the bolt group installed and just hit the firing pin with a small hobby hammer and the round fired?
What part would be considered a firearm and how would you go about registering it without a serial number..

So many questions....

Last edited:
Reading these kind of threads just infuriate me... We're getting f****d so rough.

We really don't need another thread on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom