• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legality of purchasing a ar-15 lower receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not withstanding the law, the position of the Attorney General is that such an acquisition is prohibited.

If you move forward with a transaction the office of the Attorney General is threatening to prosecute you. The Massachusetts courts being the way they are, your future would be very much in question even though the way the laws are written the Attorney General would have no authority to act on such matters.

According to MGL and case law, a stripped lower is not a firearm, rifle or shotgun - however, the AG has declared that it is. Everyone is afraid of the big bad wolf.

I dont want to rant lol, but i would just love to able able to purchase things with out feeling like a criminal.

Last edited:
The law changes weekly (and never involves legislators). No one really knows for sure what's legal and what's not.

Hmm, who knew being a gun owner would be so stressful. I mean wants next, should we sell our cars that are capable of going over the speed limit because it could be a felony to speed. Then maybe they can deny me my right to a attorney or due process .its a weird and confusing time we live in ahah.
Your eyes have been opened.

Is it a no no to privately purchase a lower?

It can be legal with time travel. Lotta guys don't know this, but time travel IS possible, you just have to know how.

So if you have someone willing to sell a stripped lower to you, perform the time travel maneuver, and enjoy owning your stripped lower.

You know you've performed the time travel maneuver correctly when you ask him the date and he says "Dude! It's July 19th!".

Ask the year, just to be certain--and don't forget to come back, OK?

This has been addressed here:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...-here-gt-OK-under-the-AG-s-quot-guidance-quot

I think a "lower" in this case, according to the AG's warped mind, is in fact, an "Assault Rifle"

I dont want to rant lol, but i would just love to able able to purchase things with out feeling like a criminal.
Me too. Every time I buy a few kilos of dope behind the dumpsters at work, I feel like I have to look over my shoulder constantly like I'm doing something forbidden.

Last edited:
It can be legal with time travel. Lotta guys don't know this, but time travel IS possible, you just have to know how.

So if you have someone willing to sell a stripped lower to you, perform the time travel maneuver, and enjoy owning your stripped lower.

You know you've performed the time travel maneuver correctly when you ask him the date and he says "Dude! It's July 19th!".

Ask the year, just to be certain--and don't forget to come back, OK?

John Z Delorean achievement award for this quarter goes to Warm_Garand!!!

back1.jpg

I mean i didn't ask if it was ok to buy a rifle i asked if it was ok to buy a lower.

It is hard when your feelings get in the way--so yeah, there is that.

Of course, you could also ask yourself whether the AG's interpretation of the "Assault Weapons Law" has any basis in reality, or if she is acting in a tyrannical fashion.

Then you can plumb the philosophical depths by mulling questions about Law--and Morality.

(Beaten by RCWHAT)

Ahahha a little out of my price range but i think you are on to something maybe ill just pick up some flint lock pistols and a musket.

- - - Updated - - -

It is hard when your feelings get in the way--so yeah, there is that.

Of course, you could also ask yourself whether the AG's interpretation of the "Assault Weapons Law" has any basis in reality, or if she is acting in a tyrannical fashion.

Then you can plumb the philosophical depths by mulling questions about Law--and Morality.

(Beaten by RCWHAT)

I think ill just stay away from purchasing things that could lead to aggravation.

Ahahha a little out of my price range but i think you are on to something maybe ill just pick up some flint lock pistols and a musket.

- - - Updated - - -

I think ill just stay away from purchasing things that could lead to aggravation.

OK. Good for you. Enjoy.

If you can find a MA FFL who will take in a stripped lower or whatever, then just do it. Do people really think she will go forward with actual prosecutions? Give me a break. The only way this guidance was going to work for Maura was law abiding gun owners reacting like law abiding citizens and she was counting on it. Mass AGs have pulled this shit in the past (IE: The myth of online/mail order ammo being illegal in Mass, etc). She wasn't banking on using any other resources besides threats to enforce this defacto gun ban when she knows law abiding gun owners will do our own enforcing and do her work for her. With barely a whimper and without boots on the ground, Maura has effectively stopped all new sales of black killy rifles by using our own lawful nature against us with a guidance that is not law.

Last edited:
If you can find a MA FFL who will take in a stripped lower or whatever, then just do it. Do people really think she will go forward with actual prosecutions? Give me a break. The only way this guidance was going to work for Maura was law abiding gun owners reacting like law abiding citizens ....

I don't think gun owners on the whole are acting any differently post-7/20. FFLs are the ones who fell in line with her deliberate misinterpretation, because the AG has lots of leverage against them.

Do people really think she will go forward with actual prosecutions?
Chances are she would tell a dealer "You can payu tens of thousands in legal fees and risk a marsupial conviction, or sign this consent decree".

If you can find a MA FFL who will take in a stripped lower or whatever, then just do it. Do people really think she will go forward with actual prosecutions? Give me a break. The only way this guidance was going to work for Maura was law abiding gun owners reacting like law abiding citizens and she was counting on it. Mass AGs have pulled this shit in the past (IE: The myth of online/mail order ammo being illegal in Mass, etc). She wasn't banking on using any other resources besides threats to enforce this defacto gun ban when she knows law abiding gun owners will do our own enforcing and do her work for her. With barely a whimper and without boots on the ground, Maura has effectively stopped all new sales of black killy rifles by using our own lawful nature against us with a guidance that is not law.

...not to mention that she will be using/wasting OUR tax money to defend the lawsuits against her.

From the AG's site:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Application of this Enforcement Notice (dealers licensed under G.L. c. 140, § 122):

The Guidance will not be applied to future possession, ownership or transfer of Assault weapons by dealers, provided that the dealer has written evidence that the weapons were transferred to the dealer in the Commonwealth prior to July 20, 2016, and provided further that a transfer made after July 20, 2016, if any, is made to persons or businesses in states where such weapons are legal.

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.

Why does nobody believe this says what it says -- that if an AR (and presumably a stripped lower that was FA10'd within seven days of 7/20/16) IS LEGAL for an individual seller to sell?

The LAW says it's legal. I don't pay any attention to the AG's fairytale guidance.

Last I checked, there is process to change laws. FAQ section is not part of that process.

- - - Updated - - -

From the AG's site:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Why does nobody believe this says what it says -- that if an AR (and presumably a stripped lower that was FA10'd within seven days of 7/20/16) IS LEGAL for an individual seller to sell?

Only b/c Queen Maura has said otherwise in TV interviews, contradicting her own damn Decree! I really hope that she keeps doing stupid shit like this.

If only someone didn't do a news interview to expose the laws as being bs and blow it for everyone.
Sigh

Why not build an illegal AR? It's all the rage! Oh, wait. That's only for aliens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom