Legal Options for Selling my AR-15s in MA

Thank you. Why would a member of NES tell me it is illegal to sell them in a private sale to another MA resident?
Because a lot of people, including FFL are giving bad information, people then repeat this bad information.

I don't care what anyone says, if that person can't show me a LAW that says they are not legal, then their argument is wrong.

So far, no one has been able to point to a law, therefore everyone that says they are illegal has been wrong.

Last edited:
You guns are Pre Healey...

What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?​

If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.
The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.

Legal to transfer.
Dude, stop spreading fear. You are not referencing law.

Last edited:
Dude, stop spreading fear. You are not referencing law.
I never said it was law.

I posted the link to her FAQ.

If dealers are scared shitless to sell a new AR - what does that tell you?

If dealers were so fearless of a law that does not exist they would be selling new AR’s.

There may not be a law in writing but there will be consequences for any dealer who goes against Harley.

“Change my mind” meme with guy setting up a table with a sign.

If these edicts didn’t have teeth a dealer could sell out his entire inventory of AR’s if he chose to stock them.

You claim to flaunt Healey’s edict but let me know when the dealers start selling.

I never said it was law.

If dealers were so fearless of a law that does not exist they would be selling new AR’s.

There may not be a law in writing but there will be consequences for any dealer who goes against Harley.

If these edicts didn’t have teeth a dealer could sell out his entire inventory of AR’s if he chose to stock them.

You claim to flaunt Healey’s edict but let me know when the dealers start selling.
I never said dealers should sell the rifles. Dealers are running a business and make their own decisions. I will not tell someone how to run their business.

What I have said is that many dealers give sh*t advice.

There may not be a law in writing
This is all you had to say.

I never said dealers should sell the rifles. Dealers are running a business and make their own decisions. I will not tell someone how to run their business.

What I have said is that many dealers give sh*t advice.

This is all you had to say.
Laws mean nothing in our society.

There is a two tiered justice system.

Any dealer who goes against Healey will be ruined, bankrupt, and possibly imprisoned.

I never said it was law.

There are a bunch of dealers selling ARs openly advertising them all over not even just in NES.

Like all over. There are a shit load of FUDD’s in the state of mass and even more “I support the constitution, but” gun owners in this state.

As seen regularly here on NES.

There are a bunch of dealers selling ARs openly advertising them all over not even just in NES.

Like all over. There are a shit load of FUDD’s in the state of mass and even more “I support the constitution, but” gun owners in this state.

Impossible, haven't you heard of all the dealers going out of business?

But they do :)

No matter how hard you try to spread misinformation, you won't get anybody to buy your "pre-healey" Noveske stripped factory seconds lowers for $6K :)

Then again, you might find some n00b that doesn't know any better..

Good luck either way though, caveat emptor always applies to any sale.

Just do it. Nobody's checking. Nobody's running stings on NES Classified sellers. Stop being friends with the moron who told you it was illegal. If they are an NES member, they should know better by now. And even if it was, some might say it's your duty to ignore an unconstitutional law.
You sure about that? First thing that came to my mind about the OP 😎

Always look at the post count when someone posts a question like this. Trust no one. Haha

Afaik.....They're preferably sold in MA with there original receipts in ma from a MA FFL, ..to you, ....5yrs later to someone else. / shrug /

Afaik.....They're preferably sold in MA with there original receipts in ma from a MA FFL, ..to you, ....5yrs later to someone else. / shrug /
Emotion Reaction GIF

There's no such need.

If it's compliant, the owner can sell it in the way the law describes.

I’ve been searching for a long time.

I haven’t seen a single new AR complete rifle for sale by any dealers.

New meaning post 2016.

Lots of individuals selling but no dealers.

And, certainly not advertised on their websites.

Feel free to post some links unless the dealers are scared of Healey.

New meaning post 2016.

you need to look harder

New meaning post 2016.

Next, you're going to tell us Glocks are not for sale in MA.

you need to look harder
I found a dealer selling a HK MR556.

He also had some nice lowers.

Looks like I’ll be back in debt, again.

I love zero interest on new purchases but hate when the offer is due.

I don’t know why I even buy guns and lowers.
Within a months time it’s buried in the woods.

I’d venture to say that nobody on NES has more guns underground than I do.

being a NES member does not convey any crystal ball into the legalities of selling anything.

Just like Cops are the worst people to ask about gun laws.

There ARE people here who have knowledge about the laws, spend enough time here and you'll figure out who they are quickly.

As to your situation, as long as they are AWB compliant wrt evil features, that the stock is not collapsible, and if it is that it is pinned so it is not easily undone (blind roll pin works) and that your muzzle brake is pinned and welded/silver soldered, no post 6/94 magazines, etc etc etc you are IMHO allowed to sell them to anyone with the proper licensing in MA.

It is always easier to use a "personal transfer" than a FFL, because you MAY find your local FFL is either a FUDD, or is running scared from a 2016 ADVISORY issued from the former AG that holds no weight legally
It must be the muzzle breaks that cause those guns to blow out lungs. Or something.

I'll have to ask Joe.

Because a lot of people, including FFL are giving bad information, people then repeat this bad information.

I don't care what anyone says, if that person can't show me a LAW that says they are not legal, then their argument is wrong.

So far, no one has been able to point to a law, therefore everyone that says they are illegal has been wrong.
That is the correct view, albeit a simplistic one. Prosecutors can file charges based on the ambiguity of the law. Healy pronouncement was a clear example of an ambiguous text of the MA law. In other words, it can be a costly legal battle if a prosecutor wants to.
Despite what you hear, most plea deals are made with non-violent, single felony type of offenses. If you get stopped for speeding 25mph over the speed limit, the cop can arrest you. If during vehicle search they find any firearm, regardless of when it was manufactured or compliance level, the prosecutor can make a name for himself by charging you with two crimes(dangerous driving and possession of AW). He will offer you a choice: go to court and pay all sorts of money or plead guilty to a charge with no time served and zero fines. Most folks here will accept this deal. You walk away free-ish(you've lost your 2A right for life) and prosecutor can claim that they are stong on gun violence.

The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.

That was very gracious of her highness.

I mean, FFLs in Mass (having the Mass issued license to sell firearms) are completely exempt from the AWB (and everyone on the planet is exempt from the fraudulent Healey Ban).

I think I am going to sell my LMT ambi complete lower as a "Post Reptile Chainsaw Noveske Lower" for $3,275.00

It has a post Obama LMT SOPMOD stock, that is worth at least $600 over a pre- Biden post Trump LMT SOPMOD.
I sold my LMT because you couldn’t get any other barrels so I said screw it, why bother.

I never said it was law.

You F'ing did when you stated his guns are pre Healy so they are okay to sell.
No caveat that her press release was unenforceable lies, you just threw it out there and confirmed it with your statement.

Back
Top Bottom